“Too Mich Renovation”

Hampton Inn & Suites Amarillo West
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Too Mich Renovation”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We had stayed here once before and it was ok but they were doing renovation. When we came back we had 2 reservations but my grandma and grandpa had to stay at the Fairfield inn courtesy of the Hampton inn because there reservations where messed up. Don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Hotel needs to be renovated. Tub was worn and moldy. The sofa in my suite was severely stained. I stayed here because my first and second choices had no rooms available. Booked room for three nights, but checked out after one night. Location didn't feel safe.

• Stayed May 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 7, 2012

About what you would expect from a Hampton Inn - comfortable, roomy and clean. The room was standard - two queen beds and a separate bathroom. Pretty fast connection to the net, and a standard selection of cable channels.
I don't know when the last update was completed at the hotel, but it is starting to show some age. In addition, half of the lights spelling "Hampton Inn" that can be seen from I-40 are burnt out. Though neither of these previous comments caused an uncomfortable stay, if Hilton wants to keep its reputation up, it should pay attention to these details.
Cookies on arrival and a good warm breakfast. Easy on and off to I-40, though not right on the freeway.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I booked based on reviews and location. I just needed a place to rest for the night. When I checked in there was a little confusion, as they had me already checked in. Once that was sorted, I was upgrade to the suit. The suit was clean, well appointed, and comfortable The hotel staff were very helpful getting everything sorted out.

The only fault I found was with the building itself. I was on the third floor. The floors seem to be very thin as I could every footstep in the hall outside the room. In my room I felt sorry for the people in the room below as even something like dropping my phone on the floor sounded like a great big thud.

Overall, not bad but if you are a light sleeper, you may want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would choose to stop omn the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Hampton is one of my preferred choices when on the road, but this one was subpar. Although my reservation was made weeks in advance, my room choice was not provided. Instead, the room I received would not connect to the internet ... my room was changed, but this new one was missing the wall-mounted thermostat. The major let down, though, was the breakfast. This is usually a great way to start the day, but not here. Poorly maintained. The desk person who signed us in was very pleasant and eager to help, but she was the ONLY staff person in the building. She was really overwhelmed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TxTrvlr88
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Checkin/checkout was excesmooth and easyllent, hotel is aging but very acceptable a little noisy from some late revellers but that is to be expected and would not deter us from staying again, local dining info very good. All staff we spoke to were more than helpful. Only complaint poorlpoor directions when travelling Hwy 40 West

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annsville
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We showed up to the hotel and, despite having faxed in our credit card authorization days in advance, were told that they gave our room to someone else and had no available rooms. After talking to them for 20 or so minutes, they told us that they actually did have a room magically available. The room smelled like sewage and appeared to have significant water damage, which is probably why the hotel employees later told us that they weren't actually allowed to rent out the room. I would never advise anyone to stay here - by far the worst experience I've had at any hotel. Also, the service was very poor and the employees were unhelpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business