“Nice Place to Sleep at the Side of 140”

Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I got this property via Hotwire. It was a good place for the price. I ate breakfast at the famous Big Texan steakhouse, its a Route 66 landmark, it originated on 66. The room was clean and the tube tv worked fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We only were here for the night. Checked in late like after 10 and left early. Clean room, fridge, sink outside the teeny shower/toilet area which I love so you can have multiple people doing morning bathroom stuff at the same time.
Basic decent breakfast, friendly front desk. Again, for the price, it's a bit more than you'd expect. I'd recommend for a quick night on the cheap. Ask for AAA discount too!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Upon arrival a very friendly check in person gave me a bottle of water. After going to the room she even called to make sure everything was ok. This is an older property but the air conditioning and plumbing worked well. Internet also worked well. Breakfast was cereals, donuts, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal , toast, coffee and juice. Would not hesitate to stay there again especially for the price.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Be aware that all of these rooms open to the parking lot so all traffic and noise is felt and in some instances heard. Beds are firm, A/C is cold, rooms are relatively clean but don't look too close. We were pulling a U-Haul to Denver, stopped for the night and parked in several spots in the back with others doing the same. Staff was friendly and helpful but wanted us to park with the Semis. Nope.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed 2 different night. the first night the room smelled so musty that we had to leave the window open for several hours before it aired out enough. We finally figured out it was the air conditioner itself that made it smell bad so we slept without running it. The second night we were in a different room and it was better. I dont think too much of thier coffee pots either both times they leaked water and made a mess of coffee grounds over the table. The Rooms were fairly clean though, and the bathrooms were okay. Not bad for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo. I'm sorry the air conditioner was an inconvenience, and I'll be sure to let the maintenance department know. Also, the coffee machines are a new disturbance, but I'll check it out. I hope you give us a second chance, and come by soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here for one night. The room was a decent size as we had two double beds. The air conditioning unit was quite loud so could be quite disruptive. Our room overlooked the car park and there were a number of people drinking in this area which made it quite loud.

The pool was nice. However, there was only two loungers which could be a problem if the pool was busy.

The breakfast was disappointing as there was not a great selection. Also there was insufficient seating for people to sit and eat. Even the sofas in the lobby were taken by people eating and some people were left standing.

The hotel did have a limo service to the Big Texan Steakhouse which was free. This also returned you to the hotel.

The staff were very friendly. We asked one of them if there was anywhere that they would recommend for a drink and she advised us of a number of places to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I appreciate you posting a review. I'm apologetic for your air conditioning and the loud people. Usually, there isn't a whole lot of complaints for disturbances, but I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again. I hope to see you soon,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Room was clean and updated. I did notice an old musty smell of cigarette smoke that had been partially covered by new paint. When I arrived at the hotel, they had booked us in upstairs rooms and I requested downstairs rooms. They accommodated us. But a few hours later, as everyone was falling asleep, other guests were given a key to our room and unlocked the door. We went back to sleep and the phone rang at 4 AM. It was the front desk with further confusion about us being in that room. They gave us the card key that they programmed for that room! No complaints about the room, it was fine for one night, but they really need to get their night time desk help better acquainted with the card key/check in system.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms on the end are close to the parking lot and quiet, unless the staff rings the phone...
1  Thank adventurer2011_11
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I appreciate you posting your experience. I'm sorry that you had such a terrible experience at the office, and I will be sure to talk to the employees about this. Thank you so much for helping us understand your problems so that we may not make to same mistakes again. Thanks for your time,