“Pleasant night”

Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are friendly, the room was very clean, the beds were comfortable. The only problem was that the Internet from our room in the middle upstairs was very weak. It would not connect at the desk, only in the front half of the room. The breakfast was the usual continental with waffles and biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed: July 2013
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Hello! I'm excited that your stay here was pleasant. We try to please every customer, and it's nice to know that you liked it here. The internet was recently upgraded, so hopefully that problem is resolved. Come by soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel room is average- not good not bad. The rooms are fresh smelling and appear to be clean and inviting. The workers were friendly at check in but i must wait til morning to get my receipt which is an inconvenience. The location is kinda borderline sketchy but its on "hotel row" along I 40 and the tv reception is not good at all considering we are in a large city

• Stayed: July 2013
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

I first want to say thanks for choosing us in Amarillo, as I know there are many options in a big city. The receipt issue isn't one that comes up very often, so i'm surprised. Unless you book online, your receipt is yours. However, booking websites require you to get your receipt online. The TV is another problem that we don't usually encounter. Either way, I apologize for an inconvenience, and I hope you will give us another chance!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed last Tuesday night. The afternoon staff is rude. I payed cash for my room because the last time I used my card, I had a 2 week hold and received notifications of charges on my card in OKC. The last time I used that card was at the Red Roof Inn. Canceled card and got a replacement.
The floors in the rooms are stained. The pool was filthy. When it came time to go to bed, the sheets were wet in the middle of the bed. Had to go to the front to get clean new sheets. Staff became very rude at that point.
I've stayed there twice and each experience has been very unpleasant. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Baymont!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for selecting Red Roof Inn Amarillo. First, i'm taken aback to hear that my staff was rude. I've received many compliments of our staff, and am sure it was all a misunderstanding. Second, your card issue is one that we can not help. However, maybe the staff made a mistake, as some are new and just starting out. Therefore, I am sorry for the difficulties. As for the rooms we are remodeling and changing things up, so I hope you will give us a second chance!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed in better places for less money. The rooms appeared to be clean, but badly needed painting, really need to be renovated. The stair way that I saw had been recently replaced so maybe they are starting on some renovation. It's just an older property in need of some TLC. The bed was decent, the staff was friendly although there had been some confusion about the reservations. All in all it's ok for a night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, and I am sorry that you weren't happy with your room. Yes, we are renovating the property and are very excited for the future. I apologize on my behalf that the rooms weren't up to your expectations. I hope you stop by soon and see the changes being made on the property. Thank you,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The front desk people I dealt with, Amanda and Danny, were very helpful to me in arranging to receive and send several important faxes. Without their ready assistance, I would have have incurred major delays in a business transaction. If ever again I find myself in Amarillo, I will head for the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hello! Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I am elated to know that you were helped by our front desk staff. We always try our best to assist our guests, as that is our first priority. I'm glad that you were satisfied with our efforts, and I hope you stop by soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The personnel iat the front desk is very cordial every time we stay, they fill our wishes as far as the location we have to have ie: street floor, non-smoking. The lady manager (?) makes me feel as a friend for she always remembers my name if she comes through the office while I am there. We stay there about 6 or so times a year at the gun & knife shows in town. Would not feel at home anywhere else unless these people were not there.

Room Tip: The lower level we use due to walking problems is less noisy on the East side about half way back to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and we are pleased to know that you come here often. There are many hotels in Amarillo, and i'm happy to know that you chose us. Our staff is very friendly and helpful. Thank you again, and I hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went to Super 8 first just up the road...got my money back and went to the Red Roof...same price as Super 8..but 10,000 times better. I would stay there again if in the area. Had a very good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Do not go to Super 8..Red Roof is the same price and much better!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

It's wonderful to know that we satisfied your needs, and you thought that Red Roof Inn Amarillo had fantastic quality for its price. We know there are many places you could have chosen, and I am happy to know that we were in your mind. Thanks again, and stop by soon!