“GREAT PLACE TOO STAY”

Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Searcy, Arkansas
“GREAT PLACE TOO STAY”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is and older motel but everything about the motel is very nice. It is very clean, beds and pillows are very nice. Everyone trys to make sure you have a pleasant stay.
The team member that I dealt with SARAI was very nice at my checkout.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gary a
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We update our rooms regularly, and are glad you enjoyed your experience. Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Pontiac, Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2013

place is clean bed was fine too . have stayed in a lot worse and paid more .. well worth the price .. wifi worked really good there better than in some much pricer hotels .. staff is friendly and seem to care that you have a good night at there hotel .. sis not have any problem getting to the hotel or in gett back on to the interstate in the morning .. will stop in again ..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MCK H
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are elated to know that you liked your stay, and hope you will return soon. Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm tardy in writing this review but wanted to make sure that I did so. We stayed for 1 night in November 2012.

I initially experienced a major malfunction in booking our room online. It was set up for the wrong date and, consequently, we appeared to be "no shows." UGH.

I appealed to the manager of the Red Roof Inn and he was ultimately very kind and accomodating; allowing us to book our return trip stay and no additional charge.

This level of customer service deserves to be recognized. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaurenTraveler
We are elated to find that all your troubles were solved during your stay. I appreciate you sharing your judgement of Red Roof Inn Amarillo.

Colorado Springs
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had to stay overnight with my family on my way to Houston recently. Although the exteriors didn't look so appealing, the room was in excellent condition. The room didn't smell, beds were clean, gadgets all worked as expected. The room was generally very clean. I was very happy with everything. The free breakfast was as good as can be expected. The wireless connection was choppy and very slow; I aborted my attempts at using Internet after a few trials. Based upon this stay alone, I'd give it an Excellent rating; not so after my next one though.

We decided to stay at the same place on our return trip also. But this time I wasn't as lucky. Of course, the room was clean with no smell as before, but a couple of things prevent me from giving this hotel an Excellent rating. The bathroom looked old (tub stained, paint peeling) and I thought it could use some minor improvements. But worse, the heater in the room started making this loud noise after running for a couple of hours of my check-in at night and during my sleep. I had to tinker with the fan speed and heating levels to quieten it. But the problem occurred again after another couple of hours. I had to do this about 3 times in the night to ensure that at least rest of my family slept well while my sleep was shot. I don't think most rooms could be as bad, but I do feel that the rooms could use some regular maintenance or checks.

The place is good for a night's crash on your way to somewhere. I found the location to be convenient from an accessibility standpoint (next to the Interstate). I didn't see any supermarkets or other shops nearby but then I didn't go looking for them. Anyway, I'd rate it between Excellent and Average.

Room Tip: Check if the room-heater rumbles after running for sometime. Non-smoking rooms are very clean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aquabluesky
We are truly sorry, on our behalf, that you had difficulties during your stay. Your heater may have been noisy, and I will attempt to make sure it doesn't happen to another guest. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Amarillo, and I hope your next visit is beyond your expectations.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for the past few weeks due to a temp. job relocation. I have foound it to be peaceful, affordable, and the staff has been very helpful. The hotel is not a new facility yet the staff maintains it's cleanliness and up keep. For the price it was very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jill J
I am excited to know that you liked your stay. We are glad that the room was sufficient for your needs, and you liked your overall experience. Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn, and I hope to see you here soon!

Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was forced to stop in Amarillo because of a snowstorm, however was very glad that I ended up taking the exit that led to this hotel. The manager (Sarai) and staff were friendly and helpful, the room was perfectly clean (I did not see any pet hair anywhere), and the hot continental breakfast was adequate. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jennifer W
South Korea
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Well this is not the worst place to stay, but if you are a woman traveling alone or have children, I would avoid this place as well as this side of town.
The staff were friendly and accommodating.
The outside looks like it needs renovation or repairs. There were dogs barking in the parking lot all night as well as women shouting or fighting outside after midnight. I didn't go out to see what was going on.
The room was pretty nice on the inside. A closet look revealed pet hair all in the carpet and some stains on the bathroom wall made it feel not very clean.
Overall its a place to stay, but we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Jason H
kvaap, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Amarillo East, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service and overall condition of property. In regards to your comment regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom, please accept my sincerest apologies for our shortcomings. I will be sure to pass along your positive and constructive comments to the rest of the Team so that we can continue to improve our operation!.

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels