“Quirky” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
“Quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

great quirky hotel- though shower was not working, had to go ask reception about it- finally got it working. room was nice. the Steak house was the highlight - worth at least one night stay- especially if you have a family-kids will love it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The beds are wonderful. The decor is fun. The restaurant food is fabulous..if you're meat eater. I thought the room a little pricey but we had a wonderful fun experience... Most do at least once. I would skip the breakfast in the am unless you are somehow hungry after the huge meal served in the restaurant

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I've written positively on this motel before and that review stands with a caveat. Best shower off i-40 IF YOU'RE ON THE FIRST FLOOR. If you're on the second floor - I can't vouch. Stayed there for one night on the second floor and water temp was all over the place. No kidding - went from scalding to chilled numerous times in a ten minute shower. And I mean numerous times. If you're going to stay there, and it's great for kids, make sure you're on the first floor or that they have fixed the water temp issues on the second.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here on our authentic Route 66 trip. This hotel was cute from the moment we pulled into the drive. Our room was well appointed, very clean and comfortable. We had dinner at the steak house and were also pleased. The gift shop was great for our knick knacks and souvenirs. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank texasgirl75
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here with the girlfriend in September. It was our first time ever in Texas, so the old ranch style hotel was pretty cool for us. The room was pretty small, but it was clean. The pool in the shape of Texas was awesome too.

The restaurant is next door was amazing! We really liked this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank loosenut1983
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Amarillo is a halfway point for several of our road trips and kids always ask to stay at the motel when we stop next door for dinner. This trip we obliged and were pleased!
Pre trip they called to confirm because I had accidentally booked twice and they didn't want to overcharge me - nice! Check in was a breeze and she got us a convenient room since my husband had a knee injury.
Room was cute and clean and full of old west charm. Perfect compliment to the steakhouse! Bed was just fine and room had nice bonuses - coffee maker, fridge, microwave and nice tv.
Perfect stopover on our family road trip.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Monmy2theTrio
Crowley, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

The first time we stayed here, it was great. The decor was our style and the place unique. We decided to stay again on our way back home. The beds were broken down, you could feel every spring stabbing you in the back. The covers were covered in dirt. I attempted to pull the covers up and got a dirt shower. No matter how much I tried to shake them out, it didn't help. When I asked for a refund the next morning I was told the best they could do was a discount because I didn't notice the problems as soon as I checked in. So because I had dinner plans it cost me a good night's sleep.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cdswhitedog

Travelers are raving about these Amarillo hotels