All reviews tv worked well lit parking lot last leg no hot water access road front desk clerk comfortable stay night stay new mexico air conditioner flooring beds pet dog trailer interstate housekeeper
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

This happened to be a pretty nice Motel 6. Our room was neat and comfortable. Bed was pretty firm, plenty of hot water. It was very quiet overnight as we had driven for over 12 hours, so very much appreciated. Front desk was very friendly. Will stay again on our next trip through Amarillo.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank gailh454
Reviewed June 2, 2018

I recently stayed at this motel six going to New Mexico and back. The Manager Melissa was very customer friendly. We had to park our Jeep and trailer in 3 parking spots because there was no more room for parking. She let us keep parked and that was awesome! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you Melissa!!! Also, you can't beat $39.99 a night.

Room tip: Any room at this hotel is 5 star.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Very nice, quiet, clean, affordable, safe and totally changed my opinion of Motel 6. On a cross-country road trip and now looking for a Motel 6 in the next 3 states too! Oh, OMG the smell too! That is NOT a bad thing ... are you surprised ... even asked Sonya, front desk clerk, where I can get the cleaner they use because it smelled that amazing ... ok now let's talk about Sonya ... amazing ... Motel 6 she needs a raise ... she is so kind, helpful and even called to check in on us. Olga, whom was our housekeeper, needs a raise too ... so clean, above and beyond.

Tip ... if your traveling with pets.... this is the only place to stay!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2018

Hotel is located on the I-40 Access road, which a lot of places in Amarillo are located. This means it's on a one-way street. and the exits aren't right at the intersections of the main roads, but a bit before or after, so it's easy to miss the exit and requiring one to back track. Not unique to this hotel though as many in the area are like this.

Did a late check in around 10:30pm, got served quickly and into the room without any problems. Good thing about this hotel compared to other pet friendly hotels we checked out, is that this Motel 6 has all the rooms as pet friendly, not just blocks of room.

Price wise the room price was great. Grounds were fine and there are 4 rows of rooms per section. So you either face the parking lot, a hallway or the pool/parking lot. We didn't have much time to explore though as we were here to sleep a number of hours and get on our way.

Room was fine, nothing fancy, but for the price it was very decent. Bathroom was small, but clean and the room set up was the generic style where the sink area is part of the main room, meaning if people are sleeping they will see the lights on and hear the water and such a lot more as compared to the sink being in the bathroom behind a door.

Sleep quality was alright, nothing terribly amazing, not not horrible either. Room was quiet (other than the cats knocking things off the tables all night long). Morning check out was fast and the desk is 24 hours.

So for our short stay to sleep through the night, it served the purpose without costing a lot of money to do so like many other hotels seem to do.

I'd stay here again if I was passing through...

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2018

Better than many of the Motel 6'es I've stayed in. Room had been updated and was sparsely furnished, but fairly big. Came in very late with no reservation and my dog- no problem. Not much green space to walk a pet in the back area where I was at but we managed. Initially tried the Super 8 next door but they had a sign that said no pets. Very satisfied with my stay.

Date of stay: August 2017