“No ZZZZZZ'S”

Motel 6 Amarillo Airport
Ranked #44 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I'd like to thank you Motel 6! My husband didn't believe in the star system and you proved that we should never stay at anything under 4 stars☆ we have been traveling for 2 weeks and I must say this was the worst night!!! People slamming doors until 1am, the bathroom was dirty, I woke up with a neck pain from the pillows, and the room smelt like smoke. Was happy to see my car was still there in the morning!!!! Never again will I go to a hotel because of the name.....we will ALWAYS go with the star system!! I trust my fellow travelers:) SAFE TRAVELS↓

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NettynSam
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Amarillo Airport

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I travel for business. I stop here because I KNOW its very clean. It always smells fresh and the staff is very quick and polite. Its been freezing cold accross the country lately and the heater was wonderful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2014

with his exhaust coming right in my room.but other than that a normal stay Lightning Fast Internet,Front Load Washers & Dryers,they even added a new lamp and decor to the lobby.Heater was blasting warm heat even has a sleep button so you can drift way.Clean as a whistle room how ever THE BED CLOTHES(theirs)had a Weird SMELL.any way it was a very restfull sleep it could have been the permanent kind had he left a little earlier.current weather was SLEET then light flurries still COLD but the heater in your room warms you up quick

Room Tip: there is a map of rooms the interstate is on the south side of the motel so stay on the NORTH SIDE v...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank christopher g
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I have never had a bad stay here yet. I'm a traveling salesman, and it is something that is very important to me... having a nice clean room at a reasonable price. I have never seen the trash in the parking lot, that a previous reviewer spoke of. There is no carpet on the floors in the rooms, so I don't know where the other reviewer got the dingy carpet part. The floors are like a linoleum.

I have been staying here for several years, since the remodel. I can tell you with confidence, but this is a good place to stay.

It is well maintained, and the rooms are clean and very satisfactory especially for the price! Don't expect a five-star Hilton, but you can count on being in one of the better of the Motel 6 chains.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Blazinpistol
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Oh my! Where to start? On my way to Colorado to visit friends, I needed an inexpensive place to stay for the night before completing my trip the next day. When I pulled into the parking lot, there were a variety of "shady" characters sitting or standing around their monster trucks, watching everyone and everything. Since I was bone tired, I decided to go ahead and stay the night. The place was in desperate need of a paint job, carpets in the reception area torn and stained, and a tired looking young woman at the front desk with a "just shoot me" look on her face. I reminded myself that it was only for ONE night, so I checked in. The room was sparse and felt sad, with its tan and orange paint, MORE dingy carpet, and "free" wifi that didn't work at all! I unpacked as little as possible in order to make a hasty getaway the next morning. The shower worked, so that was a comfort. After a restless night of slamming doors, loud conversation, and engines revving, I was RELIEVED to see that my car had NOT been broken into, tires not slashed, in the same condition I arrived. I rushed to pay my bill and got the heck out of there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ten24ron
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The check in was easy and fine. The rooms have been renovated. But it didn't look like the best neighborhood. The parking lot was covered with trash and we weren't really comfortable parking our trailer out there. There was virtually no place around the hotel to potty the dogs.. We had to go pretty far just for a small patch of grass. Like i said, it was fine for a less than 12 hour stopover, but improving the look of the parking lots and putting a little grass somewhere would be helpful

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RRCazador
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived appox 10pm. When arriving at the front desk, there was lots of horse play. The two young ladies were more interested in talking to the young guys flirting with them than checking us in. After that lengthy check in, our room seemed to make up for the check in problems with its updated decor. The next morning, I felt something crawling on me. It was some sort of bug. Looking in the bed, there were a couple more bugs on the sheets. Looking on the floor, there were ants, and other types of insects around the bed and sink area. Though a nice looking room, it was infested w/ insects! I told the front desk the next morning and she refunded the room cost. Also, this motel 6 must be in a seedy area because I went for a walk to a Walmart near by and was stop by police.

Room Tip: Check for insects!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple