“Second Review - Some Deterioration”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Niwot, Colorado
“Second Review - Some Deterioration”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Hotel is still good but no longer very good, since the ratings go from average to very good, I had to chose average. The changes are related to the change in management. The new management does not honor rates negotiated with the previous management. I was told that someone from the sales department would contact me to renegotiate the rates. I am ok with that, since it is a new year, but unfortunately, no one has called yet and we have been using different Hotels in Amarillo. My employees and I have used this hotel on business trips numerous times during 2012 and 2013. To the point that the staff at the front desk and at the breakfast area knew and greeted us all by name, including our spouses if they accompanied us. That warm and inviting atmosphere is no longer present with the current management. The breakfast area also has different staff and although the food has not changed, the service has. Now they are very prompt to shut down the breakfast area sharp at 9 am, previously they would wait until you had all you wanted, if you showed up close to closing time and they did it with a smile. I hope that they can get back to were they were before. I see the reviews are still good for the most part, so it will take just a little fine tuning on the part of the new management.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

You indicated in your review that your stay and management was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring that our guest’s are happy with their stay. Please accept our apologies for not getting back with you concerning new rates. I would like to speak with you, if you contact the hotel, I will make it a priorty to look into new rates.

Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed at hundreds of hotels in the US. This is the first time where I felt that a US-based hotel was as good as those found in Asia and Europe. Here's a quick lowdown:

1. A typed welcome letter addressed to me...
2. ...with a HANDWRITTEN message from the general manager.
3. Free bottled water.
4. I was given the option of choosing any market item for my Platinum Elite amenity gift, unlike some other Marriott properties that limit your selection to $2 bags of cookies or chips.
5. Free above-average Fairfield Inn breakfast.

The place is super clean (because it's new), and the staff members are friendly and courteous. The location may not be for everyone (across from a major interstate highway). But, the location was surprisingly quiet.

1 Thank KLWT
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you very much for the glowing review. We strive to give the best customer service possible. We take pride in our hotel and hope to keep it clean and friendly. I am blessed to have an outstanding number of employees who all strive to give the all to meet the needs of all of our guests.
Colleyville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you are looking for either a hotel close to the airport or a Marriott property this is your hotel. Fairly new, nice front desk staff, clean rooms and a better than average breakfast. If you are in town on Wednesday and Thursday you will enjoy the evening reception. Very modern and bright decor and good east Amarillo location. Close to the Big Texan Steak House so what else can you ask for.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the best
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel has got to be brand spankin new. Everything is clean and pristine. I wish there was more than just a Buffalo Wild Wings and Denny's nearby, and it is sort of outside the city, but very close to the airport. So could be convenient depending on where you're going. I am traveling I-40 and this hotel is primely located for a stop overnight.... Oh and free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are about 19 months old and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in keeping our hotel neat and clean as well as trying to give the best service possible to our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel has got it figured out! Very nice, new, and clean property with a very friendly and helpful staff. What more can you ask for? I stayed here twice within a two week time frame and I received a hand written letter from the general manager in my room when I arrived the second time which I thought was a very nice touch.

The location of this property is also very convenient with a Buffalo Wild Wings right next door. We arrived around 10 PM during our first stay and was able to catch a late dinner there. During our second stay we arrived earlier (6PM) and was able to head right down the street to the Big Texan for dinner. Also, the free breakfast is great quality, especially the Texas shaped waffles!

Every time I travel through Amarillo I will be staying at this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We take pride in our cleanliness and friendliness. We are glad you have choosen to stay with us repeatedly and that you will continue to stay with us. If there is ever anything I can do for you please feel freee to contact me when you are here.
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Another fortuitous choice on this trip!!

We had booked in advance and the staff had everything ready for us the moment we arrived.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed and pillows as well. Exactly as advertised and as reviewed by others.

Amenities were all new and clean and easy to use.

And I slept really, really well for the first time in a week on the road.

We had no issues with noise, inside or outside the property, except for some plumbing from another room. Once.

The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful.

The internet is high speed and reliable. They have a very nice, easily accessible set up in the lobby, with printers and lots of supplies.

The location is good for the airport and very easy to get to if you are driving from the East or West: Just off the Interstate. Gas stations conveniently located.

It is a bit of a hike to most of the restaurants reviewed elsewhere, but traffic moves and distance should not be a problem for most people. And, as someone else has mentioned, Amarillo is not that big a city.

The only real complaint that we could make is that if breakfast is advertised to be open until 09:30, the staff responsible for it should not start to put everything away before then.

My wife was there at 09:10 (while I was still asleep) and she found the lady responsible putting everything away already. She brought everything out again, but as soon as my wife had put anything on her plate, the serving platter was taken from the serving area.

Did we get the time wrong or was someone in a hurry to get on to other things?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Shree' W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport was enjoyable.

Thank you for letting us know that everything was done up to our standards and that they met your standards. I wanted to let you know that the breakfast hours that are offered during the weekdays are from 6:00am to 9:00am the weekend we are open 6:30am to 9:30am. So there was a mistake in the time. I was glad to hear that the staff brought out what your wife needed. Sorry that there was a misunderstanding on the times offered.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is just east of the city and five minutes from the Big Texan, http://bigtexan.com/ Amarillo is not that big to really care if you are on either end.

It is a newer Marriott and you can tell. Everything is quite good and you will not notice anything worn out. The rooms are average size compared to some of Marriott's other brands. We had to leave early so we did not get to breakfast. It is free.

The one piece of advice, if you travel moderately, join their rewards programs and sign up for their promotions. Several times a year, they have "two stay and you get free night certificate to use later" I get 2-4 or more free nights every year. The prices for Marriott's brands are not bad for their very good quality, especially outside major areas.....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to post this review. We always want to hear from our guests concerning their stay with us. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.