“Great Overnight Stay in Amarillo”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Tyler, Texas
“Great Overnight Stay in Amarillo”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We discovered Fairfield @ Amarillo Airport as a great halfway point on our Christmas ski trip from Texas to Colorado and will likely return. It was easy to find, reliable, clean, quiet, spacious and offered a very nice breakfast before we left for the 2nd stretch of our road-trip. Unfortunately, our stay was brief since we had a late arrival and early departure, so my comments are limited. The Christmas decorations were lovely and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. Seemed to be good for families. Starbucks a short drive down I-40. Easy online booking and reasonable cancellation policy. Very nice!

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Loudest hotel I've stayed at ever! I switched rooms 4 times, that's right, 1,2,3,4 times before I finally found one that was quite enough to sleep in... the shear exhaustion of shuffling my bags around all evening probably helped.

If your ok with going to sleep around 1:00am, even though you have an early flight the next morning, I suppose you may not hate this place as much as I did.

The front desk clerk was a runny nose amateur who told me he couldn't help it if the other guests were loud, even though it was midnight. I told him, yes he could and that he should call them and tell them to be quite. He did, but he also told them I was complaining, so my loud neighbors (a "lets try to cram 7 people into a hotel room" family) took a break from yelling and banging to confront me in the hallway as I was making my way down to the front desk to request another room.... This seems to be a personal safety issue as far as I'm concerned, these were the types to disregard the noise discipline customarily practiced in hotels, they obviously didn't have enough money to properly board their extended family and I didn't appreciate the clerk throwing me under the bus like that. A Marriott guest should be comfortable, able to sleep at a decent hour and not worry about verbal and/or physical confrontation from other guests.

I would have rested better in a cardboard box outside a 24 hour Walmart.

Rethinking my loyalty to Marriott.... Determined never to step foot into another Fairfield circus!
Thanks Fairfield Amarillo you took my money, but I didn't get the rest I paid for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Filmcraft
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I trust these hotels by name and I wasn't disappointed. The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. It was a great stay. Much appreciated after a long day of travel. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bayfield, Colorado
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We arrived at this hotel without a reservation after our flight was delayed and arrived late. The hotel clerk could not have been nicer. What a bonus after a long day of traveling. We were given a beautiful suite with all the bells and whistles. Our only complaint was that we could not spend longer hours in there since we had to get up early to leave. Everything about this hotel was fantastic. Thanks for the great stay; we will be back..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
niceville, fl
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When planning our yearly cross-country trip we schedule our night breaks around this hotel. We have not been let down and will continue to expect a comfy nights sleep. The lobby; breakfast area; elevators; and rooms are well maintained.

Room Tip: If you are traveling during the months of June and July, I suggest you make reservations in advance...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and neatly decorated. The room was very nice and spacious. The bed was big and comfy. There was a great selection for breakfast and plenty of room to sit and eat! The pictures they had hung throughout the hotel were great!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I assume that Amarillo is less of a destination and more of traveling stopover. Because there is really nowhere else for travelers to stop in for the night, the rates are high in this town. You can feel comfortable that the Fairfield is about as good a deal as you're going to get for a clean place to sleep and a good breakfast. Our room was very clean, modern, and comfortable. Bed was comfortable with good pillows and soft linens. We were really impressed with the amount of space in the lobby that was dedicated to the breakfast area. Regular fare for breakfast along with scrambled eggs and hot biscuits and gravy. I'd give this place a 5 if not for the price!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple