“New and Convenient”

Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Florida
“New and Convenient”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a new property that is close to the airport. The room was in very good condition, comfortable, well appointed and clean. It also came with a small refrigerator and ample power outlets on the nightstand next t the bed. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I had shipped a box ahead of time and when I checked in they let me know it was there. I would grade the complimentary breakfast above average. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings in the parking lot and many other restaurant and shopping options within minutes. This property is adjacent to a main interstate highway but there were no issues with noise. I plan to stay here the next time I travel to Amarillo.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Colorado, and I have to say, this is the nicest motel we stayed in during our entire trip. I can see why it is ranked #1 on Trip Advisor, and it deserves the ranking. It is new, clean, and beautifully decorated. Our room was on the top floor, and it was very quiet. Although the motel was sold out the night we stayed there, we never heard the people in neighboring rooms. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. The breakfast was better than most motels with both hot and cold offerings. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Fairfield Inn and Suites--it was an oasis after a long day of travel!

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights one week apart. Great rooms, super clean, new and nicest dining area of any Fairfield I've stayed in. Definitely family friendly from my observations. Easy on and off freeway and walking distance to Denny's and Buffalo Wilson Wings.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryannwccTX
Austin, TX
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This Fairfield was apparently opened last year and is Marriot's latest iteration of their successful Fairfield formula. The room we had was unusually spacious for most hotel rooms. Contributing to the feeling of space was the excellent design of the furnishings including a roll-out desk from the modular furniture TV-wall area. We also appreciated a large cushioned and fabric covered piece of furniture obviously designed to hold suitcases. We fit a large and a small suitcase both on this construction, getting them off the floor. The decoration of the room was modern and tasteful. Most importantly, the room had no Fabreze or other chemical odor! Everything was very clean and new feeling. The lobby and comfortable breakfast area was similarly extremely spacious allowing guests to spread out in their seating choices. This hotel is, in summary, new, clean, and state-of-the-art with an extremely pleasant desk staff and very comfortable beds.
We could not have asked for anything more of the hotel. My only caveat is that the location far east of Amarillo is not yet surrounded by restaurants, so if you are traveling eastward, you should probably stop for dinner well before reaching the hotel avoiding having to possibly backtrack 15 minutes or so to eat dinner.

2 Thank Peter S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We rented a room with two queen beds. Everything in the room was very pretty and tidy. The room was long with the beds on one side and a long procession of tv console, small refrigerator, desk with pullout table, etc. leaving very little room between the beds and the other furniture. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The bathroom is a very good size, the shower was great after a long day of travel!

1 Thank PJAR01
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

As we left to get ice from the machine (located on each floor, behind the elevators), I noticed the hotel room door did not click as it closed. I gave it a pull and still no click. Only when you push with all your might from the INSIDE can you hear the click and have the door fully closed. When I called the front desk to tell them about it, the desk clerk's response was "Uh huh." No urgency, no apology, no emotion whatsoever. This is basic safety! I can only imagine we aren't the first family with this issue, but others may not have noticed. If you stay here, please check your doors! The fridge in the room was quite loud, making a humming/dinging sound (not the elevator ding sound, which was preferable to the racket we heard that night). For such a new building I was surprised the fridge could be so noisy. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were very clean. Breakfast the following morning was interesting. Several items were in need of being replenished. One of the workers told me the usual breakfast help did not show up to work so they (housekeepers?) had to do breakfast. While we won't be back to this hotel, I'd urge you to please check your door if you stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank DellaDidDisney
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this property met or exceeded our expectations. Clean and modern. Very friendly staff. Room had great a/c which was important with 109 degrees outside. The hotel was packed but we never heard any noise. Beds were clean and comfortable with extra pillows. Built in mini fridge. Only slight inconvenience was that the only ice machine was on first floor. Hot breakfast choices included waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits/gravy, toast, bagels, and a choice dry cereals. Great stay and worthy of its high rating on Trip Afvisor.

• Stayed August 2013