“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing

Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Spring, Texas
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed at six hotels over a ten day trip and we wished the entire time we could have taken Staybridge Suites to each new town. The hotel has clean classically modern lines. The staff was friendly; check-in easy. The amount of space in each room with a large sitting area was a nice break from typical hotel rooms. The evening dinner is not provided for guests on week-ends but a number of restaurants are just a short walk away and with the kitchenette that comes with dishes we were able to take home doggie bags to warm up later in the hotel room. Breakfast is above the standard free breakfast and the dining area furnishings are also above average. (One exception, powered eggs not a favorite.) We were not traveling with children but the pool and family room provided with boxed games and books seemed great for families.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were exhausted after a long trip and needed a nice place to stay to sleep. Given the nice reviews that this hotel has received (which I can't figure out for the life of me how...), we dedided to stay here (and the Hiltons were all booked.)

When we arrived, we inquired as to the parent company for the hotel (e.g. Hilton, Sheraton) and the front desk clerk had no clue. How are we supposed to get points? The front desk doesn't know what chain of hotels to which they belong??

Then we arrived in our room. Our room was very strangely large - which is normally not a bad thing, but it felt like we were in a gym with cots set up to sleep.

The floors are extremely thin as we could hear the upstairs guests stomping around well in to the wee hours of the morning, which made sleeping a challenge. The beds were hard as a rock; I may as well have slept on the floor. The extra pillows in the closet did not have pillow cases - not sure how I was supposed to use it.

A couple of the lamps had burned out bulbs. The toilet paper holder was not properly affixed to the wall and would not hold the toilet paper on the holder; we had to leave the toilet paper on the floor.

I can't believe we spent more on this hotel than any other on our trip. I sure wish I could get my money back.

Room Tip: Be sure to request the top floor so you're the one making the noise and won't be kept awake...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shrimpybait
AmarilloTxDipak, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for contacting the Staybridge Suites in Amarillo regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to not having the suites up to IHG standards.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate your candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Thanks
GM
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Driving route 66 and picked this hotel from trip advisor and not dissapointed.First time stay at this brand and very impressed.Staff friendly and fast check in.Suites spacious and clean and while kitchenette not useful for us as just passing through ,would be a plus for families staying longer.Rooms quite and had a great sleep
Breakfast good and internet was fast.Definitly recommend this Hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ald59
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

This place was so comfortable I'm actually going to be looking for them everywhere we go now. The price was great! Nice relaxation room although we were too busy hiking for that. Our suite was very spacious and clean. We arrived early and they accommodated us for early check in. The staff was very friendly. Comfortable bed and let me say this - usually we are running and gunning on trips and only use our room to sleep in. But here we were so tired in the evenings we were in by 7:30 each night and this suite was so comfortable it was nice to just relax with a bottle of wine and watch some tv. I loved it and like I said, will be looking for Staybridge's everywhere now!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This was a clean, friendly hotel, and its a real joy to have a suite with a kitchenette when traveling. The receptionist mentioned that dinner was provided, though we arrived too late for that. Upon arrival, I noticed several people relaxing and visiting in the great room. My room was very quiet. The breakfast was enjoyable, with many healthy food choices. We enjoyed the perks of the suite at the same rate I'd normally pay for a room with two queen beds. I'd definitely stay here when travel brings me to Amarillo.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janice S
Wimberley, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have stayed here before, but had to review it again because it was so exceptional. The rooms are some of the best. I was staying on the Government Rate and usually you get the lowest grade room for that rate, but I received all my requests of extra pillows, top floor, quiet room. We were on the 4th floor, highest floor in this hotel, and down the hall furthest from the elevator. The breakfast here is great. The amount of fresh fruit they provide is outstanding. You don't see this in other hotels that offer breakfast. Was in town to see my new grandbabies and girl and a boy that were born 5 days apart. This hotel made it so I didn't have to worry about anything but visiting the family. Will definitely stay here again. Used to live in Amarillo for over 15 years and I would say since this hotel was built it is the best in Amarillo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Richardson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very nice hotel at a good price. I would stay here again because I think our stay was an anomaly. We arrived about 7:30 pm and went to our room where we found staff cleaning the microwave and the beds unmade. The cleaning staff opened another room for us. The room has a very nice kitchenette, and is quite spacious. Had to go to the front desk in order to get sheets for the sofa sleeper. When we checked out there was no one at the front desk. My wife spoke to one of the employees who said they were short staffed and were going to hire some day laborers to help out. Breakfast was quite good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear CanuckHorn,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate the our facilities. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations with the service you received. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C