“Excellent Extended Stay Property”

Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Though we historically travel in excess of 200 nights a year, this was our first stay in a Staybridge Suites. It was a last minute decision after we drove past another chain property we had blindly booked and rejected it based on its exterior appearance which screamed deferred maintenance.

Quickly did a search of available Amarillo properties and, on a whim, called the Staybridge Suites. The manager answered the phone, was extremely polite and quickly made our booking. We were unfamiliar with Amarillo and had a little difficulty finding the property because it is not easily visible from the highway.

When we arrived, our pet friendly room was not ready so we were offered the choice of waiting for the room to be cleaned or accepting another room on a higher floor. The manager intervened and was very concerned about accommodating our original request for a ground level room and said he would get it cleaned quickly. We opted for the quick check in.

The property itself is gorgeous. It is obvious that a lot of time and money has been spent creating a unique identify for this brand. Its positioning is in the upper tier of extended stay properties. The room itself was very large ... since it is an all suites hotel, all rooms are large. The color combinations, finishings and architectural details combine to create a very warm, almost luxurious feel to the room. The kitchen cabinets are very nice and the appliances are all first rate.

Breakfast is a step above the usual hotel offerings. A really nice buffet with lots of choices.

A pleasant surprise. I will be sure to include Staybridge in my hotel options for 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice room, good breakfast, complimentary laundry. Nice fitness room. Excelent staff. Best hotel in Amarillo. Closed to Olive Garden and other restaurants. I will come back for sure. Free beer and snacks in some evenings.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Breakfast included, free snacks, beer and soda on the evening. Excelent decoration. Big rooms, with a nice kitchen. Located at I40, exit 67, closed to the airport. They could have a shutle service to the airport to be perfect! I really recomend this hotel in Amarillo.

Room Tip: Rooms are not so dark at night...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staybridge Suites in Amarillo is hidden behind other hotels. I had to drive around a little to find it.
The rooms are very large and well appointed. There is a full kitchen. I cannot comment on housekeeping because I was only there one night, but the room was immaculate when I checked in.

Breakfast and the evening "snack" were very good. If you're on a travel per diem, you can get by on one outside meal a day. Desk people were very helpful. If you want a late check-out, you still have to get the room key updated after 11 am.

All the hardware was not finished - there was none on the bathroom door.

Room Tip: The hotel is hidden, so noise isn't a problem.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2013

There are lots of choices in the Amarillo area and some very nice hotels by the way. But, the staybridge goes the extra mile to make you feel like a guest instead of someone just staying a room for a night or two. The front desk folks are very nice and take care of business. The hotel is quiet, clean and just feels like home away from home. The management is very good and maybe someday I can convince them like the staybridge in Tyler to alternate and not give you scrambled eggs every morning. Kind of a joke but they have the ability to do so. The evening reception is nice and this is my place to stay when traveling to the panhandle.

Room Tip: I do not think their is a bad room but I prefer a two room suite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Best/friendly check in of our stay. The boy behind reception was great and the manager (who was lovely) also came out and introduced himself. Very friendly/chatty and gave me directions and suggestions on where to go. The room was fab - suite - with a full kitchen, good sitting area and very comfy bed. Nice breakfast area serving some hot food, fruit, cereal etc looked good but I only ever had the coffee as we were always rushing off somewhere. Didn't hear anyone above or next door. Nice outside area with plenty of parking. Wee gym and good laundry. I think there was also free internet. IHOP across the road and an Olive Garden near. 12 mins walk to the Hummer Sports Bar. If ever in Amarillo I would def stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cate019
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Was going to stay somewhere else but decided to give this place a try, glad I did! Plenty of parking and the staff was very helpful. The facility was fresh and clean. I checked in right at the time of the 'Manager's Reception' so I had a nice, simple meal (fettuccine alfredo, salad and some fruit/cheese) with a couple of glasses of beer. All complimentary which helps the traveler's budget! The room was clean and comfortable with a comfortable bed. Nice complimentary breakfast and away I went. Everything worked properly and went very smoothly. So, I will put this location on my 'Good' list for next time I pass through Amarillo!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business