Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed 2 nights and everything was fine. The first night we had a very nice comfortable,clean room. Everything worked fine. We decided to stay a sceond night but had to move to another room,it was clean and nice also. The desk clerk when we checked was great,very friendly very helpful. We also spoke with the general manager who is very friendly and speaks with all the guest.

On our second night they serve a free dinner to everyone along with wine and beer. Everything was good and there was plenty of food.

Breakfast each morning was good,plenty of food and the service good.

There was a little confusion at check out but it was all worked out.

This is a clean,comfortable hotel,I would stay again. The rooms have full kitchens which we did not use this time. I did ask about a weekly rate and was told they do not have a weekly rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pcc10

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is our 3rd trip through Amarillo in as little as 6 months. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express, but decided to give this a try with it being brand new and (sad to say...but rate was the lowest of all the Holiday Inn brands). I am writing because the front desk really didn't care for what I had to say. First all, this hotel is located about half a mile from the highway. Since it is new, my GPS did not have directions to locate the address. I called the hotel and tried to get directions. Lady did not know how to get me to the hotel. She was more confused than I was, and I am the traveler. Luckily my wife used her iphone to pull up the hotel and it was able to get us within sight range of the hotel.

We checked in. I can't say enought about the hotel. It is NICE!! But, it should be. It is brand new. The lady said they have been open for a month or so. It looks as if no corners were cut...this is a very nice hotel.

My wife and I then wanted to go visit the Cadillac Ranch. We have heard so much about it and have never taken the time to visit. Well, lady in morning at front desk was unsure of how to get there. Really?? This is two different people within 1 stay that did not know the area. She then said that she heard it wasn't that exciting. I asked if she had been there and she said no.

So, now my breakfast story. I am big on breakfast. Actually, it was hot and tasty. Attendant was not very talkative, but kept area clean and food replenished. I would definitely recommend the breakfast.

Overall, hotel was nice. Find good directions before you travel there. Also I recommend that Staybridge have a training to their staff on local entertainment and attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelHungry101
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear TravelHungry101,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you found our hotel nice and that you were satisfied with the breakfast. My apologies for the issues you had with our front desk staff and the location of our hotel. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Once again, thank you for your feedback

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We are always happy at Staybridge when travelling with teenagers. The suites are comfortable with plenty of room. This was our first stay in Amarillo as I believe it is brand new. The only problem was our refrigerator had not been cleaned from the previous guest. No big deal, I set the dirty dishes in the hall and called the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kern C
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel seems brand new and it's very nice. The room was large and spacious, great bathroom, really nice kitchen. The first floor has a fantastic area with food at night and breakfast in the morning -- both were excellent and surpassed expectations (including free beers on tap at night!). We were traveling with our dog, so we were blown away by the pet area outside -- a very nice grassy area that is semi-enclosed and great for a little playtime with the pup.

Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank sfguy24
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our family really liked the two bedroom suite. We checked in early, there were three big screen tvs with hdmi hookups so we could use our phones, two bathrooms, and it was really quiet. It wasn't perfect; breakfast was mediocre and I had to give one of the bath tubs a quick wipe down when we got there, but the refrigerator was great and the rooms were lovely and comfortable. Best hotel of our cross country drive.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lexi W
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was the fifth hotel we stayed at this trip and by far the best. We stayed only one night in July 2012, but would have happily stayed more. I think our room was described as a studio, but it had two queen beds in a separate bedroom and a sofa, second TV, and kitchen in the other room. We had more room here than at any other suite we stayed in. The hotel is new and everything is exceptionally clean. The free breakfast offered a wide variety of foods. We love the make-your-own waffles in the shape of Texas. I’m not a coffee drinker, so I was happy to find the breakfast area had a soda fountain in addition to coffee and juices. The indoor pool and hot tub was beautiful. Overall, a great value for the price! Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Megan D
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was a fantastic newer building with a large room and comfortable bed. We were only there for a night but there was a kitchenette. The first night we stayed they had pizza and salad for a light meal. The pool was great as well as the sitting areas outside. We came back through a week later and had already decided we would stay again even though there was no light meal on Friday. The breakfast was very good the two morning mornings we were there. I had left the plug for my phone charger so I asked if one had been turned in. The manager took me back to lost and found area and we found it. We would definitely stop here on a trip through the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple