“Great collection”

Crush
Ranked #19 of 520 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Outstanding wine cellar and light, fresh lunch and dinner menus in a great location in the middle of downtown. Outside tables and banquet space in addition to main seating area.
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited this wine bar and it was sensational
Great helpful staff
Great beer wine and we had an appetizer which was great

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Crush is an unexpected restaurant in downtown Amarillo. Their wine selection is fantastic, extensive and changes monthly. And their beer selection is also good and diverse.

The food, well, it can be a bit inconsistent. The appetizers, salads and dessert options are good (the quinoa cakes are amazing). The sandwiches also are pretty good, especially the Philly, but I have found that the steaks can be overlooked and chewy and the chicken is downright rubbery. The pizza is ok, but would be better if they used more ingredients, rather than a few artfully placed ones.

The staff is friendly, but service can be slow. My biggest complaint is that they allow smoking on the patio which is hugely annoying!

Occasionally their is live music on the patio, but the quality is decidedly amateurish.

In summary, go for the wine - it's still a fun place!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Although I WANT to like this place, the service has always been slow and bad. There is only one guy who works here who is super-friendly, which is too bad. They have a great seating area outside, and the best wine selection and beer in town. Last time we went we left after 45 minutes because our waitress never came back to take our order. There were 4 employees hanging out at the counter with friends or giving each other back rubs...The food isn't that great either. I suggest going to Market Street, picking up a bottle of wine (you'll pay a quarter of the price), pick up some fancy cheese and crackers and head to a park!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The sandwiches salads and burgers are always good. I've always had friendly service. This isn't the place to go when you're in a rush. Go in for good food. Good wine and conversation. It's great for a lunch downtown, just make sure you have the time to relax and chat. One of their employees turned me on to the first wine I ever liked. I assured him I was not a wine fan, and that I have never found one I liked. He proved me wrong, and I tasted the Italian rose and fell in love.
This is a great downtown spot. Desserts are good too!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent the evening downtown and visited Crush for appetizers and drinks before dinner. Had a lovely time, so much that I took my mom in for lunch the following week. Great wine and beer selection, excellent lunch menu (with half portions for soup/salad or sandwich combos). I hear that this place offers an excellent brunch - next trip!!