$110
$80
$94
Country Inn
$89
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo(Amarillo)
$110
$112
$109
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskbusiness tripbeds were comfortablewalmartabv
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Long story short: Avoid this place!

Negatives: very dirty rooms - dusty and mold all over the bathroom. Bed was charging myself with static electricity and to touch anything gave me a blast. Fun for first 5 minutes, annoying after that. Hope i did not bring bed bugs rom there. Even thought it is the cheapest, it is also the dirtiest motel I have ever visited. Breakfast is very poor, just toast bread and oatmeal.

Positives: Big Texan is just around the corner. Thee is also small bar attached where you can play pool and/or have a good price beer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HasimirF
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a rebranded Motel 6 with no maintenance. This is what you get when you take a downgraded Motel 6, use their furniture and bedding, and don't update or even maintain the property. I had 2 rooms reserved thru the 800 number. When we checked in, the clerk could only find 1 reservation. After checking, she said they had received 2 but "someone" thought it was a duplicate even though 1 room was for a double bed and 1 was for a single bed. They had rooms, however, but the place is junk. Here a few of the problems I encountered.
1 set of towels in the bathroom even though there were 2 beds and 2 guests.
Bathroom exhaust fan not working.
No way to adjust the direction of the a/c right next to one bed, so it blew directly on the sleeper.
Matress was lumpy and apparently left over from Motel 6 days.
Strong smell of disinfectent in the room.
Although room appeared to be clear, the bathroom fixtures and ceiling needed attention.
Pool outside dirty and smelled... I think a carp would die in it.
To end this stay, we were promised coffee at 6 am. When we left at 6:55, the office door was locked with no coffee.
The american best value report showed this motel had the very highest rating... wonder who paid off the instpector,
If this is america best value quality, I will never stay in another and I will call hq and let them know.
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.

Room Tip: Don;t stay here ever.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kruemcke
Al P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Amarillo Airport/Grand Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

My name is Al Patel; I am the manager of the Americas Best Value Inn that you stayed at in Amarillo. I am sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. Yes, this is a rebranded Motel 6, and we are doing everything we can to get the hotel to have a different feel than Motel 6. We have completed granite vanities in the rooms with new faucets and sinks so I am surprised that you mentioned it. We have received nothing but positive feedback on our improvements to the property. As with any kind of updating it takes time especially when you have a multitude of daily factors to contend with. We are still open for business as we are renovating. The pool is seasonal, and not open in the winter. Our rooms are small and clean as you mentioned. Due to lack of counter space we can’t provide coffee makers and radio clocks. However, If requested we would have placed you in a room with a microwave and a fridge. We do keep the office locked in the morning till 7:30 AM but the coffee is placed out in the vending area at 6:00 AM, I am sorry that you did not get a cup. We are also in the process of renovating our vending area to include a breakfast. Please know that we are working very hard to get things were they need to be and appreciate your feedback and your patience. We hope that you will give us another chance and see all that we have done

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'm not sure why this is listed as a hotel, it's a motel (if that ~ more like a half way house.) Absolutely filthy. Serious mold issues in the bathrooms, holes in the sheets, scarey neighborhood and more. You get one towel each, a mixed breed bath/hand towel and bar of soap although we were fortunate enough to get an extra USED towel left hanging wet behind the door from the previous victim! The breakfast that was included was NOT the morning of our stay for "someone" didn't show up for work. Their reccomendation that we seek dinner at the neighboring "Waffle House" resulted in our shooting some incredible videos on our Iphone of the cockroaches crawling along the walls next to our table. There's a sign in the lobby window that says "Absolutely no refunds so you're welcome to look at the room first!" I will pay MUCH more attention to such signs next time.
If this is America's "BEST", this country is hopeless!!! This chain should either revisit it's name or visit one of it's establishments!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank FromOurManagement
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed for a night on my way to California. Nobody wants to be in Amarillo Texas, so I just needed a place to sleep for the night. While the motel itself was passable, I was very sketched out by the area and activity going on around the motel. Very shady people coming and going all night, I brought everything into the room because I was very concerned that my car would get broken into. The room itself was decent for 45 bucks, and was clean enough. Looked like a new bathroom had recently been installed and the shower was hot. Bed was uncomfortable and the walls were very thin-the room next to mine had people banging on the walls all night. I honestly didn't sleep much because I was so concerned about my car getting broken into, but everything was fine so I was probably being a little paranoid. All in all, I would recommend this motel if you just need a place to sleep for the night on the cheap. I would tell families and solo female travelers to find somewhere in a better part of town.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Grieves87
Al P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Amarillo Airport/Grand Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a response to Trip Advisor. The hotel is undergoing renovations, I was happy to see that you got one of those rooms and you were pleased with it. As with all renovation work, it takes time and we just got in new king size beds in some of our rooms. As to your concern on the area, this hotel is in a safe part of town and we have the local police department coming every night making rounds to make sure that everything is ok, and as you stated your car was fine in the morning. As in any hotel you stay in if you hear people outside or next door that are not letting you sleep please call the front desk, that is the only way we can address the issue. I hope that you will come back and see all that we have continued to do to the property. Thank you..

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed here several times and every time has been great. Staff is always nice, rooms always clean. Always good to allow me to check in early and/or stay late. I do business in Amarillo a lot and sometimes it is not "normal" hours but they have never had issues with it. I like to have extra bath items and they have always complied with no problem.

I almost think the person who wrote the bad review must have had the wrong hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. Our staff at the hotel do the best every day and am glad that you had a great experiance at our hotel. We have just renovated some of our rooms, so next time you are in town ask about them. Thank you again for being a loyal customer.