“What happened to good 'ole Golden Corral?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #259 of 504 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Amarillo, Texas
“What happened to good 'ole Golden Corral?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My mom and I used to eat there before she passed away. It was our favorite place! But when I ate there this time, everything had changed, from the set up to the quality of food. I was so disappointed! Won't be back.

Visited October 2012

Sun City, Arizona
“One of the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We are full-time RVers and travel around the country. Golden Corral has been a favorite of mine as I enjoy variety and a good salad bar. It has been a good six months since we've been anywhere with a buffet to offer. So when we drove into Amarillo and I spied a Golden Corral I knew where we were going for dinner.

This Golden Corral was exceptionally busy and now I can see why. The selection was outstanding and the food was hot and very nicely seasoned. They had a couple of things I haven't encountered in other Golden Corrals like a whole roasted turkey and a steamboat round of pork. Staff were constantly wiping down the counters and sweeping the floors after customers left their table...the whole place was very clean. Our server was very attentive and friendly.

I was so impressed I sought out the manager and gave him my compliments. We might even eat here again before we drive on.

• Visited October 2012
New York
“not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

we had lunch and it was ok,you can always make a good salad. Most of the food was just ok. I tried a mini burger very over cooked and dry. Our waitress for lunch very good,made sure we had drinks offered coffee with dessert.

Leaving Amarillo we decided to stop for a quick dinner,I was surprised at the cost. They have raised their rates. The food was disappointing,meat loaf,not good. I tried some of the steak also not good. They did a poor job of keeping food filled. It seemed the foods they usually have was bad. For what they charge they need to do a better job. Service for dinner just ok,we had to ask for drink refills.

If you want a fast lunch it is ok,I would stay away from dinner not worth the price.

They now have a chocolate fountain and cotten candy. The chocolate fountain was nice but it seems they cut back on their other desserts,not as many.

• Visited September 2012
Tempe, Arizona
“Only in Texas could the Golden Corral be made bigger and better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The good: Texans, whether male, female, or otherwise, seem to have cooking in their blood. Super good food, and a lot of it.
The bad: Golden Corrals are franchised. This one was a lttle higher priced than my local G.C.

Visited July 2012
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Lots of choices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

When you travel with a group of kids you need variety and a good buffet. This place fit the bill. A very courteous young man and his mother took great care of us.

Visited July 2012