Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Amarillo
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The carpet was wore, bed was OK. But plan on getting breakfast somewhere else. Only had about 2 each of the 3 fruits, no cereal ,couple of bagel or toast and waffles. But had to ask for OJ as it was only pouring out water!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Read all the reviews, i had no problems with my stay! My boyfriend and i had some laundry to do and the dryer was not working well, the staff let us help ourselves to the uber large hotel dryer. Room was clean staff super friendly

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed just overnight in passing thru texas. Room was very clean great water pressure in shower. Beds were comfortable, Staff was friendly and helpful. Good fr overnight stay would stay for several days but good value for a one nighter.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Microtel Inn has very small rooms. Not cleaned very well and was not the value I was expecting. I'm going to stay somewhere else the next time though there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Wow, reading some of the negative reviews I can only surmise that this property must have been refurished not long before my stay. I found it clean and extremely comfortable, reasonably priced with a helpful staff. Instead of the usual airpots full of old coffee in the evenings they recently installed a push-the-button-make-it-fresh machine that dipensed GREAT coffee! A bonus when checking in late after a rough day.

Special kudos to Alex the night guy.... very friendly and accomodating and eager to rectify any issue that arises.

Room Tip: I prefer to have handy access to exits when staying in a property with hallways. A room in the rear...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here the nite of 7-29-11. Had had a positive experience @ a Microtel in Rogers, Ark. Didn't mind paying the $30.00 more in Amarillo than we had in Rogers, Ark. because we thought it would be worth it. WRONG!!! The glass side entrance door was greasy, finger prints all over it. The walk way to the door was littered with cigarette butts and other trash. The trash bin located next to the glass door was overflowing and foul smelling. Our room contained what looked like two way mirrors over the queen size beds. (We changed clothes in the bathroom). Felt very uneasy about these mirrors. The crowning blow was 4 or 5 areas of what looked like spittle, or someone had blown their nose or some other equally disgusting emission on the window curtain. I complained in writing to the management of the motel. I have written to Corporate headquarters and am expecingt absolutely NOTHING will be done. We paid $94.00 to stay in this motel which is equivalent of a New York City flop house. Avoid this motel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank readytogoOklahoma
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Got there very late at night after traveling in for a family emergency otherwise would not have stayed the one night there. First thing when I got there they did not have a reservation in the computer for me. Lucky I had my print out from the reservation I made online. Got to room and noticed there are huge two way mirrors over the beds. Very Creepy. I changed clothes in the bathroom only as I didn't see anything there suspicious. Had bug bites on me the next day. Hotel smelled of cheap perfume smell to cover up the smell of the hotel. Think I saw a man wearing glasses with a cigarette in his mouth on the other side of the two way mirrors who leaned back when I looked up toward the mirror. Very long night but was more afraid to try and find something that late at night not knowing my way around town. Called and reported this hotel to the police but don't know if they checked it out or not.

Room Tip: Sleep Inn is an awesome hotel for the price.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business