“A stay as expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Chanute, Kansas
“A stay as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was across the parking lot from where we ate so we chose it because of convenience. The room was very large, as was the bathroom. The room and lobby were clean. The front desk persons at check in and out were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was available but we went somewhere else to get a little more. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Great bed, perfect location but the desk clerk, Vernon, really made it special. He was extremely personable and friendly. Parking is rather far away thpugh unless you get one of the few right around the front door.Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
Tyler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have stayed at many other Comfort Inns over the years, but this location was new to us. I am so glad we found it! Everything about it was perfect - from the friendly staff (both morning and evening) to the comfortable beds in the rooms to the abundant breakfast! It was all good!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor close to the elevators - but heard absolutely no noise whatsoever throughou...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

The floor was dirty and needed vacumn, especially in the elevator. The bed was comfortable. Location is close to shopping and restaurants. Also is only one block south of a bike/running trail which was nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank g b
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located off I 40 on the west side of Amarillo near several different restaurants. We visit family in Amarillo every year and have stayed in this hotel twice now. We only used a different hotel last year because this one was booked. We stayed in 2 smaller suites on the 1st floor for 4 nights (Fri-Tue). The front desk manager Vern was always very friendly and helpful. He really went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Upon arrival one of our rooms smelled very strongly of bleach and after realizing this Vern moved us into another suite with no problems. The rooms are spacious with an exrtra vanity and sink outside of the restroom which really helps when there are multiple women and children getting ready. We had a very deep jacuzzi tub that my kids loved as well. The indoor pool is clean, has restroom and shower access and even has windows you can open to get a nice breeze. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will be staying there again myself!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for a night while passing through Amarillo en route to Colorado. The hotel is off I-40 but the entrance to the parking lot is right at the end of the exit ramp. You have to exit and make an immediate right turn across the lanes of traffic on the feeder road to get into the main entrance of the parking lot. There is also a safer, back entrance from Ross street that worked out better for us.

We arrived around 4 PM and only had to wait a couple minutes to check in. The room was a good size for two people and relatively clean, although the carpeting and furniture had some stains and wear. The room had a two beds, a desk, microwave, sink, and fridge so we were able to keep a few drinks cold. The beds were high, which was a problem for my mom who is short (5' 2") and doesn't jump well. The bathroom had a bathtub with shower, sink, and toilet, but not much counter space. The towels were extremely thin.

The two main issues I had with this hotel were the noise and lack of water pressure. This is a traveler's hotel and people seemed to be coming and going at all hours, yelling in the hallways, and slamming their doors without any regard for those who are trying to sleep. The a/c unit in the room was also very noisy so between it and the hallway noise, I didn't stay asleep for more than about 30 minutes at a time.

The shower provided barely more than a trickle. There seemed to be plenty of water flow from the tub faucet but not much came out when switched to the shower head. I ended up rinsing my hair by kneeling and holding my head under the faucet because I couldn't get enough water from the shower. I reported the problem to the desk clerk when we checked out but she seemed disinterested so I don't know that it will get fixed.

Overall, the hotel is inexpensive so you get what you pay for. It's okay for a night while passing through, but I would recommend some earplugs for light sleepers. I wouldn't want an extended stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kyriecat
Port Neches, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

While traveling, our family stayed here. It is located right on the Interstate, with several places to eat nearby. The room was very spacious, and even had room for an extra rollaway bed for one of the kids. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family