“Best Chicken Fried Steak”

Green Chile Willy's Grill
Ranked #14 of 517 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Green Chile Willy's has the best and most unique chicken fried steak in the area. Be sure to get the "green chili chicken fry" with green chili enchilada sauce. Sounds weird but tastes excellent! And if you like it hotter, get the jalapeno chicken fry with cream cheese and jalapenos in the gravy.

There are newer reviews for Green Chile Willy's Grill

Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I were looking for an authentic Texas restaurant while we were driving cross-country. Boy did we find it. Populated by mostly locals the food was some of the best we've had on our adventure. We split an order of the chile fries and each ordered the Jimmy's sampler - three mini chicken fried steaks, one of each flavor they offer. Didn't think we would manage to eat as much as we did, but the food was too good. Did I mention the chicken fried pecan pie? Yummy!!
The staff and patrons were super friendly. Going so far as to recommend where it was good to stop along the Interstate. If I ever return to Amarillo, I will definitely make a stop there.
Did I mention the chicken fried pecan pie?

1  Thank Dancing_yogi100
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Fabulous, fast and well priced. It's good ole greasey food. Don't go if you are worried about your cholesterol

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful place to have a great steak. The Jalapeño Jack Chicken Fried steak is absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a very comfortable setting, like a barn area where the locals come to eat. The food was very good if you are a green chili fan. I had the green chili chicken fried steak and the green sause on top was very good. GCW is out away from town on the Canyon Eway, but worth the drive. The green chili burger looked good and my next visit is what I'll try.

1  Thank 19tom48