“Great service, great food”
Review of Joe Taco

Joe Taco
Ranked #19 of 510 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently had the opportunity to stop by Joe Taco for a get together. First, I'll start with the service. Our server was Kason and he did an amazing job. He made sure that we felt at home and was very accommodating. I always base my server's ability to do their job by wether or not my tea glass stays full or not. This was not a problem as Kason was always there with the tea pitcher. The food at Joe Taco is good. I'm not real big on TexMex but that isn't a problem because the service is enough to make me want to go back.

Dulverton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time TexMex”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I are on a tour of Texas all the way from the UK, and came to Amarillo first we stayed at the Best Western and were pointed next door to this very colorful place called Joe Taco. My husband and I felt a bit uneasy about eating Mexican food before we hit the road for a long period of time but we wanted to live on the wild side and try something we have never had TexMex food. Came in around dinner time and asked for a cider and much to our surprise the bartender actually had one on tap a delicious cider called Crispin he had great knowledge of where it was brewed and alcohol content. The bartender Casen took the time while he was busy to get to know us and spend some time chatting with us about our trip. After a few ciders we decided to eat and he explained the very large menu to us and gave us suggestions on what to order. My husband had the smothered pulled pork fajitas with Mojoe sauce, and I had the pulled pork burrito with mojoe on the side the food came out hot and was delicious. Another thing I noticed was Casen seemed to know a lot of the people that sat at the bar, which made us feel that more welcome. Surprised at how cheap the ciders are and the food was inexpensive as well, if we are ever back in Amarillo we will come by and have at least one cider.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ukmary1945
“Love Joe Taco”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time!! Great service, Kason took awesome care of us. Margaritas and fish tacos were amazing!! Will be going back soon

Amarillo, Texas
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Went to Joe Taco a few sunday nights ago for my daughters 9th birthday (she loves the queso), had a pretty good sized group with us 10 to be exact. We got in fairly quick, and had chips and salsa on our table almost as soon as we got situated. Drinks and queso came out right after followed by great food that was enough to bring home for the next days lunch and midnight snack ;). I suggest the David special with skinny meat and green sauce. Before we checked out our server Kason made our daughter feel special and a little embarrassed by bringing her a sombrero, mirracas and a sopapilla. All in all it was great and my little girl was very happy.

Amarillo, Texas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Love joe taco! Great patio area and the food is great. Laramie is always on top of her game and quick with the drinks. Great atmosphere and awesome happy hour specials.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Joe Taco? Share your experiences!