“Good roadtrip layover”

Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Potomac, Maryland
“Good roadtrip layover”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Lobby and rooms are a bit more stylish than other Expresses but the room was a little smaller than other properties we have stayed at. Staff was friendly and helpful but could have been more knowledgeable - for example the front desk person who checked us in was uniformed about Palo Duro canyon a major local attraction. Relatively convenient to I 40 with restaurants 5-10 minutes away. Strangely no gas stations nearby.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Allen S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Deton, tx
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th stay here and I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in the area. Just a beautiful hotel. Little touches that make this place exceptional. I stay in a king suite and there are lamps everywhere and tons of plugs available for charging your electronics. Immaculate rooms. They must have some of the best housekeeping staff around. The front desk staff have always been friendly and helpful. Nice big flat screen TV and a small one in the bathroom, too. They even have a ceiling fan in the area over the couch. Your room keycard gets you into your room with just a wave over the sensor. One added bit of security is in the elevators that won't take you up unless you wave your keycard over the sensor inside of the elevator. I just can't say enough good things about this place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tcs6
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here as part of our route 66 jaunt.

Room was superb, staff very friendly and it was all clean and comfortable.

We hit happy hour (5pm - 7pm) with free food, wine and beer. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet with pleanty to chose from.

Only drawback is that its a little away from the city. We would certainly come again if we find ourselves in this part of the world.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Our family only stayed one night as we passed through town. All the staff were smiling & extremely friendly. The room was immaculate. Beds were fantastic. Room temperature was perfect & the breakfast was hot & plentiful. With a house full of picky boys/men, this was undoubtably the best hotel we've stayed at in the past 20 years if vacationing!!! HIGHLY recommend staying here!!!

Stayed June 2014
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is my second trip to this area and this hotel. The staff that I normally deal with to include Priscilla, Journey, Sergio, Prasant, Annette and the manager Varun have gone so far out of their way to make me feel like this is home I couldn't possibly thank them enough. Again this hotel staff has lived up to and surpassed my expectations. This is the only place to stay in the Amarillo area. Good food day and night and great internet connection.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian S
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stay here when traveling through Amarillo. It has easy access on and off I40. The staff is helpful and efficient. The breakfast is good. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. Restaurants are close by. One of the best Holiday Inns out there.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GWandCD
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I am here for a month and the staff has made me feel like I am with my family and friends back home. My room is always clean and stocked with fresh towels soaps. I would give it 5 stars all the way around.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business