“Wonderful surprise”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at Hilton or Marriott but I was able to get a great deal on a room here so I figured it would be worth a try. I don't like staying at Holiday Inn because of the type of low class crowd it can usually attract. However, this place was absolutely wonderful. Everything was clean and the room was top notch. There was even a tv in the bathroom. The only thing a tad annoying is that if your neighbor was watching tv in their bathroom you could hear whatever your neighbor was watching when you were in your bathroom. But that is my only complaint. I will certainly come back. Free wifi, free breakfast, and a movie theatre within walking distance? Count me in again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 19, 2013

On out route 66 trip our family stayed at this new hotel. it was not even on my updated GPS. They front desk was very helpful in checking us in. We needed directions to a local Mexican restaurant and she gave us the number and directions. (Very good local food). Our beds were nice and fluffy. The breakfast was fresh and hot. It had a very pleasant attendant refilling the dishes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a great stop if you are on an I-40 West trip. It is located to where it is on the end of town with easy I-40 access to get back on the road with minimal city traffic. The hotel was also very nice, clean, and staff were friendly and helpful. Only complaint is its a new hotel so my GPS couldn't find it and we had to call for directions. But the staff were very helpful and gave great directions; it is an easy find once you find out which exit to take.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel was understaffed. I had to wait 45 minutes to check in. When I was ready to leave the next day, there was only one luggage cart available, and it had a broken wheel. I made two trips up to the 4th floor. One of the elevators was not working, and not labeled as such. I was stuck in it for a good 5 minutes before anyone came to help. And then, it was only because I had started yelling - the alarm and call buttons brought no response. The room and breakfast were ok, but not nice enough to make up for the inconvenience of checking in and leaving.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jane O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Jane O,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are deeply sorry for the issues you had at check-in and check-out. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We also apologize for the experience you had with our elevator services and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Very Best Hotel I have ever stayed in. The facility was top notch. The staff were excellent. Will stay here again. They had appetizers in the evening. The hot breakfast was good and the lady tending the refills kept up with the food. I usually do not write reviews but I used them when planning our trip so I wanted others to benefit from a great hotel stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Holiday Inn Express is seriouly going after the competiton with these new hotels. I am giving this place a 5 star rating because this is a beautiful Hotel. Laura the front desk was excellent and ready for me and my family when we checked in very late at night. This place is a must stay. The rooms are not that big (I mean spacious) but the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the room is beautifully decorated. I read reviews just like you and mine is a real review and this place was a great pick. Thank you to the real travel reviewers with for helping me find great hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 2Parentand1
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel. The staff was nice. We needed a pet friendly hotel and this was it. Very modern and The Big Texan is right down the road. The pool was nice and clean. We will stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family