Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West
$149
$44
$89
$90
All reviewsamarillo westcinnamon rollsking suitemovie theaterbeautiful hotelthe breakfast areabusiness centerflat screen tvup to datewe've stayedcomfortable bedsroad tripnice sizeonly stayed one nightroom keycadillac ranchcoffee maker
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Holiday Inn Express is seriouly going after the competiton with these new hotels. I am giving this place a 5 star rating because this is a beautiful Hotel. Laura the front desk was excellent and ready for me and my family when we checked in very late at night. This place is a must stay. The rooms are not that big (I mean spacious) but the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the room is beautifully decorated. I read reviews just like you and mine is a real review and this place was a great pick. Thank you to the real travel reviewers with for helping me find great hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 2Parentand1
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel. The staff was nice. We needed a pet friendly hotel and this was it. Very modern and The Big Texan is right down the road. The pool was nice and clean. We will stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This really is the most modern and clean Holiday Inn Express hotels I have ever stayed in!

Beautiful property, modern lobby, outstanding business center...but let's get to the ROOM!

The room was very clean and modern, with thick carpeting and quality furnishings. I loved the little kitchenette area which was complete with sink, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and cabinets. The in-room coffee is actually pretty good and there is also complimentary Bigelow tea.

The large bathroom was spic n span clean and offered plenty of thick, soft towels. The shower had great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

The bed, ahhhh the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Lots of pillows of varying thickness and fluff. I really appreciate that the blanket was between two top sheets, keeping it clean and guest-proof.

If the signature of a great hotel room is one so comfortable and clean it feels like no one else has ever slept there - then this room was all that and more!

This hotel is also in a great quiet location that is set back about 1-block away from I-40.

Across the street is a modern multiplex movie theater and IMAX. There are also plenty of
terrific restaurants 1-block away (which I consider to be easy walking distance). There is
also a new post office across the street from the hotel.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel during the last 6 weeks, for a total of 3 nights, and it has quickly become my favorite!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Upon entry, I was greeted by two very friendly staff members. They provided a speedy and accurate check-in process and alerted me to pertinent times (ie: check-out, breakfast, etc.). Once in the room, I was confused to see there were no pillows (a problem quickly rectified when hotel staff were notified). When making the reservation, I had specified no down-filled pillows, due to an allergy. Apparently the individual reading said reservation thought I had said "no pillows". As noted, this comical situation was quickly rectified and I was informed that there are no pillows (nor linens for that matter) in the hotel that are down - good to know if you or your traveling companion/s have an allergy to this.

Rest of the stay was pleasant, however, was woken up the second morning, by the fire alarm going off not once, not twice, but 4 times within an hour and a half. Not sure why this was, as thankfully, there was no fire. The walls are also very thin, and all hallway noise and that of the room below (possible conference/meeting room), was easily audible.

This hotel was one of the nicer Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed in, and I would recommend it to those wanting a semi-thrifty yet aesthetically pleasing getaway.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room on one of the top floors on the east side - panhandle sunsets can't be beat!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Maybe the nicest, cleanest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in. We stayed one night in a King Suite and it was large, very clean, modern, two tvs, pull out bed, refridgerator, coffee maker, quiet on the fourth floor, there is free breakfast at 7:00 AM, free wifi, very nice staff and very hip lobby for a Holiday Inn......there is a waterfall feature. I will stay here on my return trip. It seems very newly built and that is what you want to find in a hotel because everything is still clean and not worn. Just off of I-40 behind a big United Artist movie theater.....you can walk there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family