“Brand new hotel, still working out the kinks”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

New hotel is located in hospital district away from downtown. No restaurants nearby, but there is a good selection of fast food and sit-down dining establishments 3-5 miles away. Evening reception included beer, wine and light snacks, but no employee was in attendance, meaning anyone (including minors?) could help themselves, Breakfast is what you expect from Holiday Inn Express, good selection of food and well stocked. Room was clean, bed was quite high off the floor and created a problem for one of the folks in our group. In spite of that, the bed was comfortable. We had a problem with the heating/cooling unit. Manager was vey attentive, but was unable to completely solve the problem, Electronic key system was cumbersome and proved to be frustrating. Once all the kinks are worked out, this locaion has potential.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 20, 2013

As a patron who has stayed week in and week out at this particular location, I feel that I have a fairly unique perspective on just how great Holiday Inn Express Amarillo West is. I stayed at many of the competing hotel chains in the immediate area. Moving from one hotel to the next each week. Then I stayed a week at this location. I was absolutely blown away by this place. Everything from the friendly, welcoming staff to the supremely comfortable accomodations left a lasting impression on me. The result? I haven't changed hotels in this area in over five months. Getting off work and coming back to an environment where you are instantly greeted with a sincere "hello, how was your day?" really goes a long way for me. I always feel like the staff tries to make connections each day with its patrons on a level I've never seen before in any hotel I've stayed in. I chalk this up to candid management as well as the staff. All in all, I gave this hotel the absolute highest experience ratings possible, a first for me in any kind of review# and will ultimately recommend this hotel to all of my acquintances and colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Varun C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear OKCLand

Thank you so much for the great review! . Our team strives to provide the utmost in customer service and we appreciate that you took time to commend our team on a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I cannot strongly enough recommend the Holiday Inn Express Inn & Suites of Amarillo West. Varun, Amanda, Sergio, and Journey went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was impeccable. The beautiful grounds and accommodations and the service and detail oriented staff truly made my time here the best hotel stay I have EVER made. Simply put, it was just as though I was home. If you are traveling through Amarillo, this is the ONLY place to stay.

Room Tip: The presidential suite is worth every penny and more so! Just thank me later!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear OGLJD

Thank you so much for the great review! . Our team strives to provide the utmost in customer service, and we appreciate that you took time to commend our team on a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back soon .

Holiday Inn Express Amarillo West

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Best place I've stayed in Amarillo. Hotel is pretty new and very clean. They served a very good breakfast. The room had a microwave, fridge and two televisions (one's in the bathroom). There was a great computer station near the lobby. The indoor pool looked very nice. It very conveniently located near many good restaurants and a shopping mall. All in all it was a great place to stay and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
holiday3050, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear mshomo

Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our location, cleanliness, and our breakfast. We look forward to serve you again soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you need a place to stay in Amarillo, check out this Holiday Inn Express. There are several in Amarillo and I hope I am reviewing the correct one - this was directly off the highway, very close to a movie theatre and near Wolfin Rd? It is brand new and VERY nice. Rooms are clean, small but lovely. Great beds. Breakfast is typical but w/nice surroundings and many choices. My kids loved the pancake machine. Washer and Dryer came in handy and had never been used - loved it. Couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Amarillo for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
holiday3050, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear LoveVacation5

Thank you for the five-star review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location, cleanliness, and service. We eagerly await your next stay with us!

Holiday Inn Express Amarillo West

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently re-located to Amarillo, Texas and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 90 days. Words can not describe how thrilled I am with the quality of the hotel and the staff at this refined, modern, friendly and professional facility. The room is extremely clean, well appointed, comfortable, and well furnished with a wonderfully comfortable bed, large desk, nice couch, flat screen television, computer access, and even a television in the restroom. Even better than the room is the professional and friendly staff. All staff on each shift are extremely professional, friendly, informative about the community, and eager to assist in any way to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The entire staff, even the eveining shift, is always professional attired and willing to do their very best in making the stay enjoyable. Because of my experience at this facility, I will always refer friends and associates to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Amarillo West. This facility is really as great as I described, and if you are going to be anywhere near Amarillo, Texas, you owe it to yourself and family to stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Amarillo West.

Room Tip: The facility is very new and I think all of the rooms will be great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Gerald D

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Amarillo West as your "home away from home". We know that you have a wide variety of choice here in Amarillo, and we are truly honored to be your hotel of choice. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Just off I-40 is a hotel you will feel and be treated like a king or queen. The rooms are clean the beds luxurious and all fixtures are of the latest design. The mamager/owner is in a suit and works like a beaver to serve you. Breakfast is delicious -you don't everyday get warm cinnamon rolls. You won't regret your stay the only thing you will regret is having to leave.

• Stayed: January 2013