“Good B B Q”

Tyler's Barbecue
Ranked #3 of 519 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We tried lots of time to eat there but they were always sold out. I think now they cook more because we finally ate there and the food was very good. I will definitely go again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

No doubt about it, and there isn't even a close 2nd. Get there early before it's all gone! A must visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you want to have the best bbq in Amarillo look no further. Tyler's was also recently named one of the top 50 bbq joints in Texas by Texas Monthly!! Not only is the food fantastic but the staff are kind and friendly. On a really good day a "Pretty please" will get you a free cobbler.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I discovered Tylers in December and loved it so much on my next trip to Amarillo I came with a cooler to bring some back to my family. Absolutely Excellent! Sauce is delicious and brisket is lean (you don't have to ask) 4 flavors of sausage - yum. Can't say enough good things

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant while passing through Amarillo, based on its TripAdvisor rating. Unfortunately, we must have caught it on an "off" night.

Ambiance: Diner/Barbecue joint. Nothing fancy, just basic.

Service: Friendly and helpful.

Food: I had the brisket and sausage (peppercorn) combination. The sausage was actually better than the brisket. It had a nice flavor with some spiciness. The brisket was very tender, but not much flavor except for what seemed like lighter fluid from a charcoal fire. Not very appealing at all. The sauce was bland, with no distinct character. My wife had just the brisket and hers tasted exactly the same as mine. One positive from the meal were the sides. The cold slaw, potato salad, and peach cobbler were all very good, with nice flavor.