“Tylers BBQ Quick Stop”

Tyler's Barbecue
Ranked #2 of 523 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Okay, not one of the best meals ever, but one of the best of its type. Small BBQ shack that I first heard of on the Food Network. So when passing thru Amarillo we had to stop. I think it was just what I expected. Small but friendly. Great sandwiches. Short line on a weekday afternoon. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and I guessed there were many repeat customers. Would I stop again? Sure.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were just passing through Amarillo and stopped here for early dinner and wow what a wonderful surprise! Brisket is my personal reference point for how good a bbq place is; many times I am left feeling I've forked over good money for a lot of fat held together with a little meat. Not here! In 30+ years of brisket buying, Tyler's is possibly the best I have ever had. It is tender, moist, beautifully trimmed of excess fat and melt in your mouth delicious! My husband had the pork spare ribs and said they were the biggest pork ribs he had ever had and they too were falling off the bone tender & absolutely delicious.

In true Texas fashion, bbq is served with a slice of white bread (tho much better than Wonder) and there is a bar with onions, jalapenos, delicious bread & butter pickles and sport peppers.

Tyler you are doing everthing right! Thank you for your attention to detail.

Do yourself a favor and don't pass through Amarillo without a stop here.

1  Thank Pamela H
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We chose Tyler's bar-b-que by its ratings which were right on. The meat was good and we had leftovers.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

first time to try this Texas Monthly recognized BBQ place. only complaint is that it took me this long to try it! ribs were tender and delicious. sides were great and generous. they cook enough for that day so if you show up late you may not get what you want, but if you do get there late you may also get extra portions! i'll be back to try the pulled pork soon!

1  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

In Amarillo for business and looking for a hearty lunch? Look no further than Tyler's BBQ. Really good smoked brisket. You have GOT TO GET the macaroni and cheese with chili peppers and chives! Yum!

Good folks and good food. Enjoy.

1  Thank Darren B