“Very Good BBQ...worth a visit”
Review of Tyler's Barbecue

Tyler's Barbecue
Ranked #3 of 518 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stopped for lunch while heading east on I40 based on TA recommendations. This is a BBQ shack place....order at the counter, then sit down...plastic plates, plastic tableware, paper towels for napkins, etc. We ordered a brisket plate and a rib special, then shared each others meats. We also had beans, cole slaw and potato salad. The ribs were excellent...pork....which surprised me since i had been hearing that Texas is beef rib country. The brisket was juicy and tender but needed sauce to give it much flavor. The sides were very good. What i like about this place is that they cook bbq throughout the day.....they had run out of ribs, and fresh ones had just come out of the cooker. Same with the brisket, which was still steaming from cooking.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had lunch at Tyler's - I had the sliced brisket with potato salad and my wife went for the chopped with coleslaw. It had to have been some of the best brisket I'[ve ever eaten. Tender, juicy, only complaint I could possibly have was it was really heavy on the smoke. Restaurant potato salad is usually just thrown on so their is a side - Tyler's is the best I've had since the closing of King's in Liberal, KS. Fantastic food - we'll definitely be back.... soon!

1  Thank David M
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Finest fully smoked BBQ anywhere! Sliced brisket is TX Ambrosia. Many love the tangy TX chopped. I'm letting out the secret: If you get there early enough they may have delicious BBQ chicken breast (boneless & not on menu) which are rubbed carbohydrate diet friendly! Ribs are fantastic and want what ever you get.

2  Thank JudyBevers
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We pass through Amarillo a few times a year. Looking for a new place we tried Tyler's. It was great. We each had a 2 meat platter. I had ribs and brisket and husband had brisket and hot links. We had beans and cobbler for sides. All was great. The meats come without sauce so you can choose to put their delicious sauce on or not. Great family atmosphere.

1  Thank jow623
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We found this place thanks to tripadvisor and were glad we did. The bbq was great! Wife had slice beef sandwich and I had the ribs. Both were excellent. Only dislike was the sause was a little thin, otherwise well worth the trip.