“Nice in every way”

Tyler's Barbecue
Ranked #2 of 526 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food is great, the staff friendly and very helpful to this lady who had never had Texas BBQ before. Tyler was wonderful to talk to and I have to give a big shout out to his sister who gave us many good ideas of places to visit in the area. Try the beans if you like pepper and the ribs were nothing short of awesome. I just wish it wasn't 850 miles from my home, or AI would be back more often! And I loved the mismatched chairs.

1  Thank Allison H

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is some of the best barbeque in Amarillo. The meat is lean and the sauce is really delicious. The price is a little high for what you get, but you WILL come back, it is that good!

1  Thank Texans615
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you haven't tried Tyler's yet, you need to get there as quick as possible. Tyler always says "I love my job!" and you can tell when you try that first bite. Try the chopped brisket and sausage sandwich, the incredible Ribs, and don't forget cobbler for dessert. You won't find any food that is left over and reheated the next day here. Everything is always fresh and delicious. The owner and staff and friendly, and make all their guests feel welcome. Great place to take the whole family for a great meal.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My best friend and I drove across the country this past summer and stopped off at Tyler's. We had eaten a lot of BBQ together and this was my favorite by far. We had 15 min. until closing. Tyler didn't want to see any of his food go to waste so he gave us extra portions and then came and chatted with us for 40 min. while we ate. This was an incredible experience. Something I will never forget.

Thanks again Tyler,

-The guys from Washington

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch here, very good BBQ. Easy on and off i40. It does come quick off the exit. It is an old long John silvers but do not let that worry you it is all BBQ and the folks are very nice

1  Thank Dannaz47