“Good food, interesting area”
Review of Cowboy Gelato

Cowboy Gelato
Ranked #4 of 17 Dessert in Amarillo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went for the catfish on a Friday. Both the grilled and the fried catfish were tasty. We also enjoyed a couple of gelato flavors - homemade on site. Interesting area on old 66. People were very friendly.

1  Thank Doug W

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We didn't see anything special about this place. The service was very good, but all the food we had was ordinary. We started with a 4 appetizer sampler platter and then shared a stuffed burger. Th best thing all night was the corn nuggets. We wouldn't go back.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Love Cowboy Gelato. Went there last week. We both had a Bronson Burger (cheese stuffed burger). Massive burgers. Fries were good also. Try the habanero strawberry gelato. So worth the hotness in your mouth.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a great place off of Route 66! Stopped here during a road trip and what a pleasant surprise. The staff are very friendly here and boy did I enjoy my food. My favorite by far was the corn nuggets. If you like cream corn you will LOVE corn nuggets! A cool second was the Mac and Cheese (make sure to stir or the goodies sink to the bottom!) (mmm! bacon!) and the fried pickles. Had a beef brisket sandwich too. It was good but, my favorite part about this place was the people, the sides, the atmosphere and the Gelato. The lady who served our food let us try several kinds of Gelato. We did not end up getting any because we were so full from our meal but, the samples were delightful. I especially loved the strawberry cheese cake and limoncello. I would highly recommend this place. It is definitely an adventure!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family of 10, six adults and four children under 7, were on our way to ski over spring break. My dau-in-law read about this place on the web and we decided to detour away from the I-40 restaurants and try it. We were glad we did. The food and service were very good. My son had the specialty of the day which was recommended by the woman at the register and then by our server when it came. I wished that I had gotten it also. It was a smoked catfish sandwich and it was delicious. They just "ran a tab" for us even though you order at the front and pay when you order. We were going to have gelato at the end of our meal so they just waited and we only had to pay one time. They were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and happy. Good place in an interesting location.