“great for overnight travel through”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
texas
“great for overnight travel through”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

standard chain amenities. newly built. good, clean and functional. Holiday inn has come a long way from the beaten up image 10 years back. Self service Breakfast buffett has a few wait staffs to help out and actually catered to my two grand kids who are under 5. Lots of chain restaurants choices within 1/4 mile. Extremely convenient if you are passing through looking for lodging and food for a night. You will not be disappointed

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank hohoho1
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
hohoho1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. it is great to hear you had such a good stay, I am sure the breakfast servers enjoyed your grandkids more then you can imagine, they are loveable like that. I do wish to know what we can do to earn your 5th star on your next visit. I am not allowed to contact you per tripadvisor, but my email is cblair@ramhotels.net if you would like to give us feedback on how we can better your stay. Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon.

Cody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel appeared to be fairly new. Located in a hotel corridor with numerous restaurants and shopping areas very close. Parking lot was large and well lighted all night. Rooms were well appointed and clean. Hotel staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area was more like a upscale cafe. Very clean and large enough to comfortably seat a large group. Again, breakfast staff were attentive and friendly. Hot breakfast with the usual fare. Hotel is located just off the interstate and easily located. Oddly, there is also a Holiday Inn Express very near this hotel if you prefer. I can recommend this hotel and would choose again should I be traveling in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sawyer9813
Sawyer9813,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. My only concern is that we strive to earn all 5 stars and would really like to do so for your next trip to Amarillo. I am unable to contact you per tripadvisor rules, but my email address is cblair@ramhotels.net. I would love more feedback on what we can do better. Thank you again and I hopew we are able to see you again very soon.

Nara Visa, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a group of 26 people people stay there and can not say enough good about the friendly staff and the great place. From the front desk staff on arrival, to the breakfast staff, to the house keeping folks, everyone was very efficient and friendly. Also the sale s staff that helped us arrange the large group stay could not have been any better. Also this property is very well located in relation to other stores and things that this group wanted to do.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cliff C
Cliff C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such amazing review and giving our hotel a chance. It is great we were able to exceed your needs from top to bottom. I hope we are able to take care of you again soon.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a recent event at this hotel and I was very impressed with the staff and quick responses to any information I needed or any additional items I needed. The banquet hall was the perfect set up and everything was so clean. The rooms were in top condition and quiet. This location is close to many great restaurants and to shopping. My family and I are happy we had the best service from this hotel for our family event. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for any guests and recommend the banquet hall for any business event or family event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank s p
S P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is great to read your event went so well. I hope we can be your choice hotel with family in town or any event in the future.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We picked this Holiday Inn for our Parker Family reunion based on recommendations from people we spoke with while planning our activities. We were not disappointed !! Our experience was really great. From the first contact with Chris Clark several months ago to our final check-out, it was better than we could have hoped for. Our group of 33 family members included 15 kids from 2 yrs. to 14 yrs. The facilities at the Hotel were a huge hit. The indoor pool, sauna, kids pool facility was perfect. It was clean, and lots of fun for the little ones. The hot breakfast buffet was top notch. The rooms were really nice too.
Although the Hotel was better than we could have hoped, the true star in the experience for us was the STAFF. From the front desk hosts, to the wait-staff in the restaurant we saw nothing but smiles and helpful attitudes no matter what the question or request. These folks were the best I've ever encountered in many years of traveling.
I would recommend this hotel to any family looking for a bright clean comfortable spot to stay in the Panhandle of Texas. There are quite a few Holiday Inns in Amarillo. Make sure you ask for the West Medical Center location. The others may be fine too, but I know this one was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve W
Steve W,

Wow.. Thank you so much for your review! Those were some amazing words, it is so great all of you had such a wonderful time during your reunion. I hope we are able to take care you and your family again soon.

Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked this hotel on our way home from our Colorado vacation. We pulled in about 8:30 PM and it was crazy! The lobby was full of people--wet children running everywhere. Water all over the floor. No luggage trolley available. The music was loud and annoying. Our room was on the 4th floor (top floor) and the music was so loud that our room shook. My husband went downstairs and they said it was a wedding. The music didn't end until after midnight. The morning breakfast was very so--so. The eggs were very cold, most of the food was gone. It was very crowded, but we did have polite service. The Holiday Inn Express (across the street) is where we stayed on our way up--it was wonderful. Good food, nice pool, good workout room, cost 89.00 compared to the 125.00 we paid at the noisy, overbooked, hotel. Go across the street. If you can't, the rooms were clean, but the lotion had been replaced used!

Room Tip: check to see if they have multiple events on the night of your stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear bevArm,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped here whilst travelling from Las Vegas to Dallas, after a massively long drive we decided to stop here. After pulling off the freeway we found about 6 hotels within touching distance of each other. Most of the hotels were $129 and were smoking (this included the Holiday Inn Express, which is odd) The Holiday Inn, however was smokefree and $99. For that we got breakfast and wifi.

We arrived about 10.30pm local time (but 8.30pm our time thanks to Vegas time difference) and found that the bar was shut, so had to drive to a local petrol station to get a drink. Fortunatley the room had a fridge.

The room was really nice, even having tags on pillows telling you which were soft or firm (something I have never witnessed in any hotel).

Breakfast was a bit different a buffet of cold (supposed to be hot) floppy food, which is the only downside of this really nice hotel.

Would massively recommend if you need to stay nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Wardms,

Thank you for the awesome review!! I am glad we were able to beat rates of our surrounding hotels for you that evening. It must have been a slower night when you checked in, because even though the bar hours close at 10pm, the bartenders usually end up closing later because of high volume business. I am sorry that it was closed for you. I am really disappointed to hear about breakfast, that is an area we usually get rave reviews, I am sorry it didn't meet your expectations, I will be personally be checking on that so it is great for your next visit. Thank you for recommeding us and I hope to see you back very soon!