“Excellent facility”

Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Santa Barbara, California
“Excellent facility”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This could be a top notch location if they elevate the attitude of some of their staff. The breakfast attendant needs some help. Other than that it was clean, well maintained (Brand new). We'd stay again and go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dadbo95,

Thank you for your review! I am glad we could meet your needs in most of the hotel, but concerned hearing what you have to say about breakfast. This is certainly not a common complaint, if you read previous reviews, breakfast is the most praised. I am very sorry that the experience was so bad, I would really like to look further into what happen. I am not allowed to contact you per tripadvisor, but my email address is cblair@ramhotels.net. I would love to speak with you and hear most details to solve this issues. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to hear back soon.

Cody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Plano
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is really nice, beautifully decorated! Lots of Texas flare, loved that. We chose this one based on the pool which has a slide and some little "fountains" and while that was neat, I think the hotel spent all the money on the slide and had no money left for a pool....the pool was smaller than most people have in their backyard! So even with just a few families in there it was crazy crowded! But the kids still had fun. The breakfast was nice...only wish they had those cinnamon rolls holiday inn is known for, instead they had some really dried out ones that just don't compare! The room was really nice, good size, very clean. Overall we had a nice experience,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Planomom8801,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. It great to hear you were impressed by the decor, it is really what makes our property so unique. I am sorry to hear you didn't like our pool area, but glad to hear the kids had fun at least. I will have to investigate on what happen with the cinnamon rolls, as you can read on reviews before, we have had many people brag on how great they are. Thank you for bringing that to our attention so I can make sure the ball is not dropped again. I hope we get the chance to take care of you again and earn your 5th star on your next review. Thank you for your feedback.

Dumas, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Love coming to Amarillo just for the bar at this hotel. Amanda is amazing. Always friendly, great with the patrons. During the week the bar closes down at 10 but one night I was entertaining some clients on the patio and Amanda stayed open till almost 11:30 to accomodate us. Couldnt ask for better.

• Stayed May 2013
Safetyman79,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We feel the bar & patio are pretty awesome too, Amanda always does a great job back there. I am glad to hear she is always so accommodating to you and your guests. We hope to see you back at the hotel and Flame very soon.

Concord, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I wasn't expecting the newer, modern feel to this property but was pleasantly surprised when I walked through the front entrance and then again when I saw my room. This hotel provides a very comfortable stay with a good size exercise room , indoor pool, restaurant and bar with a big screen tv. It's convenient to I-40, if a little tricky to find the driveway the first time. The best part of this hotel, however, is the staff. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and the employees here are by far the friendliest I have seen. Not familiar with the area, I went to the front desk and asked the young woman about the local attractions. She very kindly asked me to give her a few minutes so she could help the other customers (she was quite busy) and said she'd put some ideas together for me. The customer service I experienced with that interaction as well as ones throughout the rest of the week was excellent. I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn before, but I will make sure that I do so again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christopher K,

What a great review!! We as managers are only as good as our staff, when we can get them to buy in, the sky is the limit. Going above and beyond is what we strive for and it very rewarding to hear how we could make someones day. I feel our front desk agents are great at doing so, but it means so much more coming from you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about how great your stay was and I hope we are able to take care of you again very soon.

Houston
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend and I were driving across the country, from Texas to Wyoming. As we got near Amarillo, she told me she'd made a reservation at the Holiday Inn. Fine, I thought. I stayed there as a kid. Clean rooms, outside entrance … I knew the drill.

Except that I didn't. This ain't your Grandpa's Holiday Inn; this is something majorly updated and upscaled. I'm not saying it's the Four Seasons, but anyone who is used to the Four Seasons would certainly have nothing to complain about here. Great rooms, great beds, great lobby bar, great decor, and an outstanding breakfast.

In fact, it was the breakfast that put me over the top. My friend and I were all over it. It's in a lovely dining room, and we were escorted to our table by a very helpful and friendly staff member (is waitress still permissible?). The breakfast buffet was extensive, fresh, and delicious. Ample stuff for those wanting healthy choices, too.

I have to say that I'm a Holiday Inn convert. Makes me eager for the next road trip, for which I'll stake out a Holiday Inn in advance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Marymichaelt,

WOW!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. It is great to hear we could exceed your expectations in so many areas and could convert you to the Holiday Inn Brand. We love how unique our hotel is, so it is great to hear when guests feel our same passion. We take a lot of pride in breakfast, we are used to feeding football teams even. I am glad you were so comfortable during your stay and hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

From making the reservation to checking in and during the stay, the customer service was top notch. Room was nice and cool, very up to date and roomy. Quite peaceful hotel, I never heard another guest while I was in my room. Beds are very comfortable, we will definitely be staying here every time we are in Amarillo! Mark Tijerina

• Stayed May 2013
Mr. Tijerina,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words about your stay, we take a lot of pride in our customer service! It is very rewarding to get to read reviews like this, the staff work very hard for high scores and I will be sharing this with them. Thank you again and can not wait to get the chance to take care of you again.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stopped for the night just passing through. Breakfast was EXCELLENT! Room was clean, good service. Overall very nice hotel to stay at, and would stay again if ever in the area. Only complaint would be that the pool is open, even though it is not finished. Floor was not sealed, so pebbles sticking to feet (hurt a lot), and ceiling not complete. Pool should just be closed down till finished.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
R0berta987,

Thank you for the review, I am so glad we took care of you in most of our areas. I want to apologize about your pool experience, we did try closing and we received complaints for doing so, it has become a tough battle. Excellent breakfast is amazing feedback, we take a lot of pride in that area and dinner as well, if you didn't get a chance to try Flame Bristro during your stay. It means a lot that you took the time to tell us about your stay and I hope we can take care of you again next time you are passing through and earn that 5th star.