“Relaxing”

Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
El Paso, Texas
“Relaxing”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I were visiting family in Amarillo. Our first impression was the great western decor. I liked the flat screen televisions and the fact the room had a microwave was great for midnight snacks. My wife was really impressed with the restaurant service. The manager suggested the fajitas, which were amazing, and the food and beverage director even brought us a cheese cake from the cheese cake factory. We were surprised to see there was a happy hour on Saturday. Having the large theater so close was a pleasant plus. We were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mario M
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Mario M,

It is great to hear you were able to spend time in Amarillo with your family, I hope they showed you some of the unique areas Amarillo has to offer. It sounds like you we able to enjoy yourselves at the hotel, the flat screens are a great bonus to me, but a fridge and microwave is an absolute must when I travel. That cheesecake is one of my favorites, I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for the great review and I please keep us in mind next time you are here to visit family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Buffalo, OK
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I took my elderly parents to Amarillo for a chamber music concert as a treat. I was a little concerned as we pulled in since there were several high school sports team busses unloading, but we could not have been happier. The staff was wonderful and very helpful from the moment we arrived to the time we left. They were able to put us in adjoining rooms at the end of a hallway, and we heard not a sound for the entire 2 night stay. My father and I ate at the restuarant for one evening meal and the service and food were good, though not exceptional. We got rooms with free breakfast buffet and that is a deal!! Make sure you get down there in time because they are serious about the cutoff time for the free food!! If Rudy is working, get him to sing for you. He is sweet, hard working, and has an amazing voice to boot. Try out for The Voice again Rudy and do America a favor!!! All in all, a great stay...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AverysMom1230
AverysMom1230,

I am so happy to hear the staff gave great service to you and your family. We really pride ourselves in guest service from our General Manager, down. I hope you also had a great time at your concert, I am sure your parents appreciated you treating them. We are the host hotel for many sports teams so we are very expierenced in making sure in strategizing ways to keep guests with different requirements separated. Also, the fact that our elevators are key card activated helps keep kids better supervised. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again soon.
El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I brought a group through Amarillo on a ski trip. We had 10-12 rooms on two different dates. The staff was easy to work with and very hospitable. The rooms were clean. Check in and out was efficient. They were understanding of group dynamics. Great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Warren G,

Thank you very much for the good review and for choosing our hotel during your trip. I hope your group had a lot of fun and was blessed with lots of snow. My only concern is that we didn't earn for 5th star in many areas. I am not allowed to contact you per tripadvisor, but would like to leave you my email address to contact me. I am very interested to learn more of how we can better service you and your group in the future. Hope to hear from you soon and see you during your next stay.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I decided to break out of my normal weekend routine and venture out to find something new to try. My friend told me about the comedy show that the Holiday Inn West Medical Center was hosting and I decided that might be just the thing I need to break up the monotony. I booked my reservations and decided to stay for the weekend.

From the minute I checked into the hotel I was impressed. My room was large and comfortable with a great amenities. There was a vast buffet for the comedy show, a full bar, and a packed house. The hotel brought in two comedians from the Austin area for the show. The fun began as soon as the MC took the stage and didn't stop until the last comedian took his final bow.

A huge thank you goes out to the hotel for hosting this great event. Amarillo has needed a jolt to the entertainment scene, and this was just the thing the event it needed to wake this town up. I will certainly be back for future shows, and from what I could overhear, I was not the only one ready for more.
Thank you Holiday Inn West Medical for becoming my new weekend hangout when I want a stay-cation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gigi_M1
Gigi_M1,

Wow, what a great review!!! We are so glad you enjoyed yourself at the comedy show, we have received so much great feedback about the show and locals asking when we will be doing another. It is also so great to hear you made a "stay-cation" out of the event. I hope you were able to enjoy all of the other areas the hotel has to offer. Thank you again for taking the time to write about the comedy show and your stay, we hope to see you back very soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Part of route 66 trip

Excellent new hotel whose 3* rating does not truly reflect it's quality. Situated on western edges of Amarillo. Very well appointed and clean rooms with stylish decor. Staff friendly and helpful. Pool, gym, wifi, business centre, bar with happy hour, parking. Good breakfast although rather congested - could do with more seating. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abandbarbseniors
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Abandbarb,

Thank you for "highly recommending us! Your review is great, the breakfast does get a little congested sometimes when most of our guests come down to eat breakfast all at the same time, I am very sorry you experienced that! Thank you again for the great feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.
West Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Brand new and guest friendly. Love the workspace in the room. Complementary breakfast buffet is a nice plus not usually found in holiday inns. Convenient parking, easy to get in and out. You'll appreciate the key card elevator controls for additional safety.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank rdonthego
cody b, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Rdonthego,

Thank you for the great review, safety is a very important issue in the business we are in. It is great your stay met all of your needs. My only concern is that we didn't earn that fifth star for service, I would really like to know how we could improve in that area for your return? I am not allowed to contact you per tripadvisor, but my email is cblair@ramhotels.net. I would love to hear feedback on what happen. Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My career forces me to travel a lot. I pass through Amarillo a few times per year, and I've stayed in other hotels that I will not mention. The other hotels were more than sufficient, but this Holiday Inn (W. Medical Center) is second to none. My experience was great from beginning to end. Plenty of parking, friendly and knowledgeable front desk (actually, all around great staff / management), clean and spacious rooms w/ several unexpected amenities, great lobby bar and restaurant, more than adequate fitness center / beautiful pool, etc... Even the continental breakfast was great. Overall, my experience with them was spectacular. This truly is the only hotel I will stay in while in Amarillo, TX.

Room Tip: Observe the Texas shapes printed on the elevator carpet. Great decor everywhere in the hotel, but th...