“Customer service must not be part of the training program.”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here because of the reviews...and the water slide. We called about the location and waterslide. When we arrived, checked in and went to the pool the water slide was closed. We asked the front desk and the clerk simply said, "we don't have a lifeguard." My husband said, "that is the only reason we stayed here, and you didn't tell me that on the phone." The clerk didn't appologize or make any offerings. Poor experience and a very high price. Pretty sure we paid for the swanky decor. Won't ever go back to another Holiday Inn.

3  Thank cookfa
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

cookfa - Thank you for your review. I apologize if there was any confusion on the water slide hours. Our water slide is open on Fridays from 6pm-10pm and on Saturdays from 9am-12pm and 4pm-10pm. It is true that we need a slide attendant during hours of operation and there are very few kids that stay at the hotel on weekdays during the school year. Please know that our hotel is ALL about customer service and our reviews show this. The front desk has my cell phone number, so please contact me regarding your stay. Or my email is sallison@ramhotels.net. I would really appreciate talking to you regarding your stay and your experience. We look forward to serving you and your family again. Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our room was very nice and oh so comfortable. The room was very clean. We only needed one bed but two was all that were left, and that worked well since the room was large enought to handle both beds easily. They had really good internet connections. We would stay here again without question. The breakfast which came with the room fit both my husbands and my diets well. Our friends enjoyed the pool with their children.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dianna A - Thank you so much for the review!! I am glad that you really enjoyed the internet and the breakfast. The pool is pretty awesome and the kids really enjoy it. We can't wait to serve you again. Please come back soon!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

When my brother found out I'd be going to Amarillo for a day he insisted I stay at this hotel even if it was out of my way. Claimed it to be the best holiday inn in the country. Boy was I glad I did!!! Modern rooms. Clean beyond belief. Breakfast was nice. The bar in the evening was very popular and had a great feel. Bowl of guacamole with a nice cold beer was an amazing way to end a long stressful day. Gym was nice and clean. Only advice is to ore warm the sauna. The girl that checked me in was super nice and had no problem giving me a late check out. I'd have to agree with my brother. Top holiday inn that I've ever been to.

• Stayed: September 2012

exhospnowcnst - WOW!! I need to thank your brother! I am super glad he recommended our hotel to you and your family. We work hard day in and day out to earn your business. I am really proud that we served you well and you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for the great review!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a bit tough to find, so trust your GPS. When we arrived, the desk clerk greeted us warmly and checked us in quickly. Our room was perfect, spotlessly clean, and there was even a personal welcome letter from the manager as well as a goodie bag. The pillows were thoughtfully marked as "soft" and "firm." All staff were polite and welcoming, and the restaurant staffers were outstanding (we had dinner and breakfast at the on-site restaurant). We wish we could stay more than one night, but are already planning a return visit.

One nice touch is an electronic display for "do not disturb" and "housekeeping requested," a great improvement over flimsy plastic signs.

This was the best hotel experience of our trip so far.

• Stayed: September 2012

WagonFan - Thank you so much for the GREAT review!! I am so glad that your arrival was spectacular. I really like the electronic DND and maid service as well. The paper DND's always seem to fall out of your door at most hotels. We really look forward to your return trip and will be waiting for you. Thank you again!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This has been the best Hotel experience we have EVER had! Way to go! We enjoyed everything! Check-in, Cleanness, the bed, room service, and breakfast! Love the modern feel! The staff was very nice! The resturant is great too! There really is not one thing wrong here!!! We loved it and will be back! Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2012
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

ape_bug4 - What an awesome review!!! Thank you so much for being our guest and giving us the opportunity to serve you. I am so glad that you will be back and we will be here waiting for your return trip. Thank you again!!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel and our room. We stayed in the King rooms on level 4 and found the room clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel has a "pillow menu" which I found brilliant as tend to be fussy with pillows.
I was definitely impressed when. Unlocked the door and looked in and I would definitely stay here again. My only minor complaints were that housekeeping start banging on your door at about 9:45am and as we were sleeping and didn't respond to the knocking they barged into our room and quickly left when they realized we were still in the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

ashleajade - Thank you so much for the great review!!! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and really enjoyed the room. I will definitely talk with housekeeping and let them know about your concern. There is also an electronic "Do Not Disturb" that may also be utilized to eliminate any disruption prior to check out. Thank you for staying with us and being our guest. We truly appreciate having you!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family had a wonderful stay here a couple of weekends ago. We found the Flame Mexican Bistro superb and got the chance to meet a manager by the name of Cody who helped out my daughter to find a friendly lifeguard (and slide!) and took care of me by getting college football up on the big screen. The shuttle to the airport was just perfect and we'll be back next time we visit the west texas side of the family. Thanks!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Shingofett - Thank you for the Awesome review!! We really appreciate you staying with our hotel. Cody is definitely very friendly and I am glad we were able to locate the game. Flame Mexican Bistro is definitely a great place to meet family and friends and the happy hour in the bar is always popular. Take care and we hope to see you again soon!