“Beautiful Brand new, very clean with great service, free breakfast buffet”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were heading west on a last minute vacation and decided to stop in Amarillo for the night. We tried several hotels but were all booked so we kept driving to the west side of Amarillo. Thank goodness! I was able to get a hold of the front desk at the HI west medical center and talked to the gentleman at the front desk. They had a room and he gave us a special rate since it was already 11pm. The room was clean and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable with several pillow options. In the morning we went down and had breakfast then got right back on the highway. I'm sure there are cheaper hotels in the area but this place was worth the extra dime ($129) because we slept well, had decent breakfast option. There was a bar in the hotel that was lively when we arrived. I would definitely stay here again. Perfect location. Slightly hidden behind the Courtyards. Situated right next to the UA movie theater and across the street form the Mall if you are staying here for a bit...there are things to do. FYI They do not allow pets.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Cheriejay - Thank you for the Awesome Review!! I am glad that we were able to offer a room...it sounds like Amarillo was very busy during your stay. We would definitely enjoy having you when you have more time to stay. The hotel and Amarillo has some great options to enjoy while you are here. Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here based on tripadvisor reviews, and the reviews were on target. There is a Holiday Inn Express within shouting distance of this hotel which is slightly newer than this Holiday Inn, but we were very impressed with the management of this one. The hotel is quite new, and the rooms are clean and very quiet. This hotel seems to be a cut above the Holiday Inn Expresses where we have stayed, and it has a bar and restaurant on premise. During happy hour, they serve large, draft beers of 5 varieties for $2. All aspects of our stay were good; the beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, and the place was surprisingly quiet even though there were a lot of guests staying there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

EdandDebDfw - Thank you so much for the GREAT review!! We really appreciate you staying with us. You are correct, there is a Holiday Inn Express within shouting distance and I am glad you selected us for your stay. Happy Hour is definitely great and definitely Happy!! Please introduce yourself on your next stay. I would enjoy meeting you and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

In business you can never take back the first impression. As I approached the gentleman at the front desk, I was greeted by "what do you need". I mentioned that I had a reservation and gave my last name "I need a credit card and picture I.D.. " Isn't this reservation prepaid?" I inquired. "That makes no difference, I still need a credit card and I.D. and that lady over there will help you" Bad start. The room was clean, but smaller than any of the five other rooms on this trip. Barely room to walk between the bed and the desk. Had to move the desk chair to get through. Pool was nice, but I actually chose this hotel because I thought my grandsons would enjoy the slide. Guess what... slide is only open from 6 oclock to close, so they only got to use it for a few minutes before bedtime. And... there are six signs posted with the rules... 9 pool rules... 9 sauna rules... and 16 slide rules. Breakfast bar was slightly sparse, and be aware that if you order something special, that is not free. In the future I will probably stay across the street at the Holiday Inn Express which I previously reviewed.

1  Thank Sid H

SidH479 - I deeply apologize about your experience with our hotel. I can guarantee you that the experience you received at the front desk is not normal and is not tolerated. As you see in our Tripadvisor reviews, our service receives more positive comments than the hotel itself. I would really like to speak to you regarding your stay. The hotel front desk has my cell phone number and it is available to all of our guests. Our breafkast buffet is what is included with your room and you are correct, the a la carte items are prepared with a fee. Please note that even when the buffet may be over, Kids eat Free with Holiday Inn, so this is a nice option not offered at other hotels.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Modern technology, very clean, outstanding service, housekeeping even spoke clear English. Bar was comfortable and the restraunt served authentic Mexican food. Found out the cook was from Juarez. No negatives other than the free breakfast buffet was a let-down. It was completely ordinary. Atmosphere was great though.

• Stayed: August 2012

sparticus13 - Thank you for the Great Review!! We appreciate you leaving feedback for our hotel. We strive to have a great, consistent breakfast for our guests during their stay. I would definitely like to speak to you regarding your breakfast. It definitely shouldn't have been a let down. The hotel front desk has my cell phone number and I would like to hear from you regarding your stay. Thank you again!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a wonderful time here. The breakfast was the best we have had in years. They have a buffet that had everything you can imagine on it. The room was fantastic. It was especially nice to have a selection of pillows. The staff was very attentive throughout the complex. We will gladly go back again.

Room Tip: Request a quiet place away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

my sweet - Thank you so much for the AWESOME review!! Thank you for staying with us!! It means alot to our hotel for you to stay with us and also give us the opportuity to serve you.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Nothing like driving 10 hours through the mountains only to find out that the accessible room I booked and confirmed had been given to someone else. Thank God my daughter is able to use her legs a little bit and I washed her hair with her kneeling over the bathtub. Thanks, Holiday Inn, for the added stress. Now I know you can't be trusted.

2  Thank hpyw2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear hpyw2,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you regarding your recent stay. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were passing through Amarillo and stopped here for a quick one-night stay based on TripAdvisor reviews. This hotel did not disappoint. It was very clean and comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast was much better and more extensive than others I've experienced. We will definitely stay here again the next time we drive through Amarillo.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Chance36 - Thank you so much for the AWESOME Review!!! I am glad we were at our best and your experience was amazing. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Amarillo. We welcome you everytime you come through!!!