I am an easy going traveller that rolls with the good and sometimes bad and even small inconveniences are usually no big deal.
But I was seriously disappointed in this place. I picked it because it was number one and that's not what I normally do. I usually stick with Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt brands. Big mistake trying Holiday Inn. I won't be back.
Here are some of our cons:
- Upon check in there was a huge line and only one clerk. Not a big deal but they could have had some extra help.
- Our first room door wouldn't open. Had to lug kids and luggage back down to wait in line again for new room and key.
-The whole hotel had a sweet and sour smell like they were trying to cover up something.
-The walls were paper thin and we heard ungodly stomping above us until well after midnight.
-Our rate included breakfast and we were given vouchers at check in and were told breakfast was from 6-10. When we came to breakfast at 9:10 we were told free breakfast vouchers were only valid until 9. I told him we were told it was from 6-10 but he basically said we were out of luck.
-We ordered off the breakfast menu, the waiter couldn't answer any of our questions and said he worked there for a week. They were out of blueberries for their blueberry pancakes and I paid $3.50
for a small container of yogurt which he clearly grabbed off the buffet that they
were taking down.
-The room had decent decor but it was dirty and we found trash and the previous guests sunglasses on a neck strap on the floor sticking out from under the bed.
-The a/c was a window type unit that turned off and on and wouldn't provide continuous flow and drown out the sounds of the noisier guests.
-The clothes I slept in wreaked of the sour sweet smell from the bed for days until I was able to wash them. I'm not sure if this was detergent or what.
-The bed was as hard as a rock and the sheets were scratchy.
-I do not really have any except our dinner was ok in the restaurant. The chile relleno was very good but the house salad was shredded taco lettuce and some cheese. Very chintzy.
-The lobby is nice and the full bar is a great touch but we did not utilize it.
I know I sound cranky and I am usually annoyed by negative reviewers because I think they are too picky. But our experience had too many negatives for me to overlook.
We stayed at the Courtyard nearby on our return trip and had an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Amarillo's Newest Full Service Hotel that delivers Contemporary Western Decor and the Best in Texas Hospitality. Enjoy the Heated Pool, Hot Tub and Sauna. Every room offers a microwave and refrigerator with an IPOD docking station,37" Flat Panel Televisions with over 50 HD channels, Free WIFI. Flame Bistro and Bar offers a "Sports" theme with all of your favorite games with multiple TVs. Happy Hour is every day from 5pm-7pm. Please contact hotel direct for restaurant hours. Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center is within minutes of most ALL Amarillo attractions and constructed right in the center of Restaurant Row. Enjoy a movie or shopping at The United Artist Movie Theater and Westgate Mall. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Hotel Amarillo