“Great hotel in Amarillo”

Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
San Bernardino, California
“Great hotel in Amarillo”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is a beautifully decorated, comfortable upscale hotel. Everything - the entry, the keyed elevator, the lovely room, the breakfast area was terrific. Being off the highway reduces the noise level. Excellent breakfast is included. A great place in Amarillo.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
SBCA2010 - Thank you so much for your review!! I really like our keyed elevators as well. It keeps people out that should not be up on the floors. I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you back soon!! We miss you already!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Don't waste your time and money looking for anything better than this new hotel!
It is spotless, extra secure, and a little pampering.

Home sweet Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2011
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
WOW!!! What a review!! Thank you so much for the response. We work very hard to keep our hotel clean and our staff friendly. We want to be the hotel of choice everytime you stay in Amarillo. Please come back soon!!!!
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I've never done a review before but after my recent stay at this new hotel in Amarillo I thought I needed to because I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay! I tried to find something that I wasn't 100% pleased with and I couldn't think of anything negative to say. I have stayed at many Holidays Inn's around the country and this is by far the nicest one that I have stayed at, including the Holiday Inn that is in downtown Chicago! The bar/restaurant area is nothing like any other I've stayed at... I found myself hanging out in the bar area the majority of the time I was there. The flat-screen TV's and big projection screen made it real nice for a sports enthusiast like me. The bar-staff was excellent and made me feel very welcome. The food at the Mexican theme restaurant was quite tasty too. I noticed the pool area too, and it looked nice. The room was very nice and treated me to two great nights of rest. When I wasn't in the bar area while I was at the hotel I noticed it was right next to a movie theater, so I walked over and caught a movie. I've stayed at other hotels in Amarillo before during business trips and I will never stay at another hotel other than this one again. The staff was awesome, all the way from management to the maids and the wait staff in the bar and restaurant. Bravo to all of you I now look forward to my trips to Amarillo, Texas!

Room Tip: The decor in the rooms are great, very inviting.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
I am most impressed with our staff and hotel. Thank you for giving us such a grand review. We work hard day in and day out to over exceed your expectations. We are glad we did. Thank you for being our guest and a guest of Holiday Inn. I hope to see you back very soon and I would love to hear more about your stays.
Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was recently in Amarillo on business and stayed at the new Holiday Inn West Medical Center. It is nothing like any Holiday Inn you've ever stayed in or had a previous opinion of. It turns out they had to get special permission to add the decor and extra features that were put into this hotel. It is a TX themed hotel that even has a great restaurant serving real Mexican food in it (green chilies!), of course there is regular 'American' type food on the menu as well. Rooms are spacious and decorated w/a modern yet comfortable theme. The suites were amazing with deep jetted tubs and an abundance of room in the living/dining area as well. Beds and pillows (two types - labeled - for you to choose form too) were perfect too! Indoor pool w/small slide & a sauna / nice sized work out area, full service bar/lounge with big screen TV's, and a very open and inviting lobby area with a state of TX crafted on a wall w/a waterfall running over it. Plenty of meeting space and a complimentary shuttle too! The staff was extremely friendly wanting to assure your stay was enjoyable and that you were comfortable. Hotel is right next to a movie theater, restaurants and a mall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the very detailed response of the hotel. I don't think I could have explained the hotel any better. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon!!! Your experience means the world to us.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is the most upscale hotel in Amarillo. The rooms have a great bed with lovely linens and a 42-inch flatscreen TV with loads of channels. The bathrooms have granite countertops and lots of white, fluffy towels. There is a full breakfast complete with fresh fruit--both cut and whole, or you could choose to order whatever you want. The kitchen staff will bend over backwards to make sure you leave happy.

Service, from the front desk to the dining room and bar was impeccable. This is my new home in Amarillo.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Rsilbey, Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to me and our team. It's a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to serving you again. I am glad we are your new home in Amarillo and we hope to see you again real soon!!!
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This hotel is my home away from home and being on the road 46 weeks out of the year, there is no comparison between this Holiday Inn and any other hotel in Amarillo Texas. It's inhouse restaurant and bar surpasses anyother in Amarillo. Its modern contemporary look is like no other I've visited. Don't pass this opportunity up to stay in this hotel and also get a taste of the indoor pool with a water slide with your family! Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Craig, thank you for your review. It's been a pleasure having you at our hotel. Out of those 46 weeks of travel, we will work hard to earn your business everytime you are in Amarillo. See you again soon!!!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Started staying here after using another local hotel chain for more than six months .... stopped by one day and the Desk Manager was kind enough to give me a tour. FANTASTIC! This hotel has all the amenities that are important to a Road Warrior like me - fantastic bed with great linens, wonderful fluffy bath towels, extensive selection of TV channels with state-of-the-art flat panel TV, Sony Dream Machine with iPhone dock, great showerhead with excellent water pressure, and a superb work area. My room was spotless clean! The hotel is inviting, has a great gathering area and full-service bar, free hot breakfast buffet, and a really nice outdoor area to relax after a long day of work. The staff at the hotel offer friendly service, competent management, and their housekeeping is impeccable. I will stay here the entire assignment of my time in Amarillo. Holiday Inn has won my business away from being a Diamond status with another chain!! You will LOVE this hotel.

Room Tip: The even number rooms face away from the main parking area of the hotel. Uneven numbers look out in...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Scott A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
I am so proud of our hotel!! I can tell you are definitely a ROAD WARRIOR!! Especially if you are a Diamond member with another reward program. You probably spend more time in hotels than you do with your family. We appreciate having you move to Holiday Inn. I am proud of our staff and we welcome you with open arms to Priority Club!!! Thank you again for staying.