“Well There are Better Japenese Steakhouses”
Review of Hayashi Japanese Steakhouse - CLOSED

Hayashi Japanese Steakhouse
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ate there on Mother's day. Food was mediocre at best, service was slow because two cooks had quit the night before, and I felt the food was way over priced. Better places to eat in Amarillo for this type of cuisine.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here yesterday for sushi since our first choice was closed. The service was good. The sushi was very good and fresh and during happy many of the rolls are only $2.95. During happy hour you can't beat Hayashi .

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here today with a couple of friends and it was superb! Going back before we leave Amarillo in November.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I eat here pretty often and sometimes take the kids but mainly our date night spot. The sushi is awesome and our meals are always more than enough. I have never had bad service, food, or drinks at this establishment and the prices are just right (affordable) especially since we have 6 kids. My son even wanted his party there so we did it and loved it. i would highly recommend Hayashi to anyone who loves good sushi and excellent service.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Let me just start out by saying when this place first opened I was so impressed it became a regular dining experience for my family. Through out the last several months the service has become less professional and even a bit trashy in appearance. Turn off. None the less the food was still amazing. Our last visit was exactly that... Our last visit. Why such a horrible experience? ... 1. After placing our drink orders we were brought the wrong drinks. 2. Another 5 minutes and we got the chance to ask for straws. 3. After waiting 10 minutes our waitress did apologize for not taking our order but explained they were waiting on more customers to arrive. 4. Offered to give us half price sushi rolls for our wait and because it was just after happy hour. 5. Came back and explained the chef wouldn't do half price rolls because it was 4 minutes past happy hour. 6. Had awful food from the rice to the salmon ... No flavor bad flavor this shocked me more than anything. 45 minute wait for food and $60 meal that was practically unedible. 7. As if it couldnt get any worse the fire alarm sounded for 10 minutes during our already terrible meal. 8. The waitress inspected the cleanliness of a fork in front of us.... Gross!!!! 9. They've replaced the broccoli for red bell pepper... I like bell pepper but I don't like surprises. 10. And finally.... The waitress was at the table beside us taking a shot with customers... Classy eh?