“Hospitality & Good Food in Amarillo”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #6 of 518 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We appreciated the greeting and honesty of the wait time to expect when we arrived. We were seated within the mentioned time frame and enjoyed excellent steaks and good wines to accompany our dinner. Our server was efficient and cordial throughout our meal

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have always enjoyed their steaks. You will pay a higher price than at other steak houses. Their coconut shrimp comes with a great dipping sauce that's worth trying. Of course their beer bread and butter rivals Texas Roadhouse. Typically they are packed so make sure to get in before the rest of the crowd shows up.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

i loved finding a parking spot immediately and close to entrance. the servers were great and the food was delicious, the only thing i would change is the price, it is a little expensive ,because i could get 2 meals at Texas Roadhouse for the price of one here, but i really enjoyed it , i had a sirloin and the cream cheese jalapeno stuffed shrimp wrapped with bacon and barbecue sauce, the salad with ranch was yummy and fresh,great home made bread with sweet butter,yummy sauteed mushrooms. it was very good food, my husband loved the sauteed onions because txrh never gets them cooked right.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were a group of eight stopping for a relaxing Sunday lunch and we found it here. We arrived right at twelve but were seated almost immediately by a very efficient hostess. Our waiter Adam was also efficient and provided us with very good service. I had the days special 9oz Sirloin with Shrimp and mixed Veg $21.49. My spouse had the Blacken Redfish with a Lobster topping and green beans $23.99. Both meals were very good, my steak was cooked as I asked and we both said we would get this again. The others in our group ordered various other items from the lunch menu and all stated satisfaction with their meal. All meals were served at the exact same time by a group of 8 servers. Plenty of free parking available on site. Only problem we had was not the fault of the restaurant. A family seated near us had a young child who consistently screamed out (not crying but screaming). They made no effort to quiet the child, I do wish people would consider others in the restaurant before making loud noise, whether children or adults.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had a 9oz steak. Cooked exactly how I like it. My wife got the tacos. She said some of the best tacos she has ever had. About $40 for 2 of us, so a little pricier, but excellent food