“Good Road Food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Overnighted in Amarillo, and Saltgrass was down the street from the hotel. I sat at the bar and had a friendly bartender. Had the smaller cut of Pat's Ribeye. A solid and tasty steak. Cooked correctly. This is not an elegant restaurant, it is a nice place with a pretty loud level of conversation. It was a good place to have a steak and a beer.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Almost always go to Saltgrass in Amarillo rather than the other restaurants. The Salmon Oscar rules. The fried asparagus is unique and delicious. The service is always outstanding. One of the managers, Mark, now stops at our table for a visit every time we see him. This is the best place in Amarillo.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This is my wife's favorite chain to visit, so we go often. This steak house is always great. The staff were spot on, we wanted for nothing. The wait was short, and the steaks were cooked to perfection.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I felt the wait staff was under manned. The server while friendly must have been watching to many tables. He missed our soup, bread and seemed distracted. The food did not come close to standards. The lime in my water was old, the steak was poor quality and while cooked to order was chewy and had no flavor. A McDonald's burger is amazing in comparison. It was to be smothered with button mushrooms and I could count three little bitty whole ones and about six to eight slivers. My daughter had a different cut of meat with the same experience. I will say the sweet potato rocked as well as the soup when it arrived! Disappointed we skipped desert.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is we're I suggested my in-laws host our rehearsal dinner. Excellent service & everyone was impressed with the chocolate cake!! Love this place!!