“Food was nothing special.”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #4 of 506 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tybee Island, Georgia
“Food was nothing special.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Got the chicken fried steak, just ok. margaritas are good, everything else was great. Did not try the steaks or the beer.

• Visited October 2013

Amarillo, Texas
“great food, high price, best service ever!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

we recently had our regional manager come to town and take us to Saltgrass. It had been 2 years since I had been there because the first time I was there I was not impressed in the least. This time, however, I was amazed. The food was great, although it's still too pricey for me but since I wasn't paying...... but what stood out was the above and beyond service we received. I wish I could remember our waiter's name. By far this was the best service I have ever received, bar none! I probably won't go back very often because of the price but if money is no problem for you, go!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jeff R
Plainview
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Service was like you'd expect from a nice place like this. Our waiter was on top of things. Food was delicious. I ordered the chicken fried steak and it was huge!! My husband ordered the ribeye & it was nice & juicy. Ordered a slice of cheesecake to go & it's huge!!

• Visited September 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Incredible steaks and friendly service.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We both had one of the best steaks of our lives here. Usually I do not like steaks from restaurants, because I prefer my own cooking. This is one exception. The wait staff we had was also excellent. If you are ever in the Amarillo area, and like top quality steak, you need to stop here.

• Visited July 2013
Minneapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who knew a lunch size Chicken Fried Steak was so BIG?”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

While staying at the Holiday Inn West Medical, a number of our group walked over to the Saltgrass for lunch.

Oh my! My lunch portion of their Chicken Fried Steak was almost the size of my plate, steak tender, batter, crispy and flavorful - along with a huge mound of the lightest french fried onions I've tasted in years!! Wish these restaurants were around where I live!!!

Visited September 2013