“Drove all the way from Oklahoma for a good steak”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #5 of 510 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Drove all the way from Oklahoma for a good steak”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We recently bought a class a motorhome and just wanted to go for a little weekend cruise and decided to drive to Amarillo so we could go back to Saltgrass Steakhouse for a 2nd visit. Food and service is fantastic. The food is so good we drove all the way from Stillwater, Ok. and spent over $400 in fuel. That should tell ya something. The bread they give you is as good as the steak. Makin' my mouth water just thinking about it. Hmmmmm

Branson, Missouri
“Great dinner after long day”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Oh, how I wish I lived nearer one of these restaurants! At the end of a nine-hour drive, I stopped for a good steak in the panhandle of Texas. Saltgrass delivered, ten-fold.

Being a solo traveler, I know that some servers may be reluctant take a table-for-one, but my waiter was exceptional. I had the prime rib with sweet potato fries, and found myself in culinary heaven. Perfectly prepared, juicy, tender, and flavorful. I gladly took the remaining abundance on my plate in a to-go box so I could relive the savory goodness later.

The service was A+, and I rewarded accordingly (30%, I believe). Worth every penny.

Millbrook, Alabama
“Great Service - Wonderful Food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was there and it was crowded, but the service was excellent. Waitor made wonderful recommendations. Table of 5 and everyone enjoyed their meal. I was too full to try a big steak so ordered grilled shrimp - and it was the best I've ever tasted. Grilled, yet not over cooked, so can't say enough good about it. When back in Amarillo, will definately go back.

• Visited August 2013
“You can NOT ask for better food or service!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Absolutely amazing dining experience. Food was delicious and served promptly. Our server was very attentive and on key she knew exactly what to suggest! It's very rare to go for dinner and receive such tasteful food and friendly service! Will be sure and visit again in the future!

• Visited September 2013
Palestine, Texas
“Good steaks. as usual”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

we were going to stop at another restaurant until we saw the Saltgrass. We got the early bird special, shrimp and sirloin steak. Their fried shrimp is as good as any we have had at any Landry's. The price was great for a salad and the meal.

Visited September 2013