“not like it was”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went there 5-26-13 for my birthday celebration. Seated immediately drinks served appetizers ordered by friendly and very efficient waitress. We all ordered our choices ftom the menu mine bring the 12 oz prime rib med rare the others various items. Appetizers came and were great all yhe time the waitress done a bang up job attending our table. Then came the good part or so ithought my prime rib showed as well as the other items. Looking at mine it looked med rare then I was ready to tackel this hunk of meat. With fork and knike I proceeded but immefiately problem. This prime rib would had made a good shoe sole. It had to be one of the toughest primes full of gristle that I have ever had. The only flavor was in the fat covering which had a very strong rosrm as ry flavor. We had two other meals out of our party of six that they ate very little of.upon leaving I had to make a fast run to wendy's for burgers before we went to the movies.

1  Thank txbuddy

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Let me first start off by saying that my first experience with Saltgrass was in the DFW area. I have never been disappointed with Saltgrass until now. I drove from San Antonio to take my mom to what I knew would be an excellent dinner. The wait wasn't bad for a Saturday night. The server was ok for looking so young. The food.... The food was completely not what I had previously experienced with other Saltgrass restaurants. The steaks were not tender, and my mothers ribeye was all fat. I know as does she that ribeye's are a fattier cut of meat, but there was more fat than meat. It almost seemed as if the steaks were from a cheaper supplier?? My advice is go somewhere else for a steak in Amarillo.

1  Thank Neely C
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Was driving through Amarillo on our way home, had been there once before and had a great meal. Was there right after the lunch rush, it took about a half hour for our meal to come out, the order was right and the food was great. The manager came by and asked how our meal was and we mentioned that it took a while to get it. He checked it out, came back apologized for the delay and took off HALF the bill!!!!!!! We were not upset, but he wanted us to come back and we will every time we are in Amarillo. Try the BBQ shrimp, they are awesome!

1  Thank NMHorsewoman
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped in at Saltgrass for dinner. We really enjoy eating with them all through Texas, and this one didn't dissapoint.
Good steak, and good service.

1  Thank trans4med
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch last Saturday, May 4, 2013. The atmosphere is good, good service - but a little disappointed in the meal itself. Paid 13.99 for a small sirloin, ordered it med. rare and it was basically raw. Sent it back and they cooked it a bit more - but still raw in the center. The steak was very gristly. You also cannot get a baked potato included, you pay extra for it. My husbands was good - he had steak with shrimp - and the shrimp was stuffed with jalapenos, cheese,wrapped in bacon then bbq sauce. It was good - but no shrimp flavor left. All in all, we probably won't go back - we've never been disappointed with a steak at Tex. Roadhouse!