“Best meal in Amarillo!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Came here with my Fiance for Easter Dinner last year (I know, a little late). Truelly the best meal I have had in Texas, and I spend alot of time in that state. Hands down the Best steak House in the Pan Handle

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Will not be back . Didn't care that it was birthday, not even a Happy Birthday . Salmon not good at all, no one cared

1  Thank blahblah777
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This restaurant was close to our hotel, and the parking lot was packed with cars, but it was a snare and a delusion.
We were greeted nicely at the door and brought to a nice table. From the beginning it was a little loud, with the people talking and the music playing. The menu has a lot of good food mentioned, but this is Texas, so you have to have steak, don't you?
We ordered the prime rib, which comes with soup or salad and Shiner Bock beer bread. We added macaroni and cheese, which is extra. Indeed, sides are extra and run the price up quickly. My husband's wine choice was good, with both body and complexity. The meat was good, but not memorable, the salad was ordinary, but the macaroni and cheese had this weird smoky taste, that was not something I would ever order again.
Our server was sweet, but a little overenthusiastic in making menu selections. At the end of the service, the corporate nature was apparent, as our waitress pressed us to join the Landry's "club".
We didn't have dessert, as we decide to go to our hotel later that evening for it.
This place is okay, but we probably won't be returning. It's a Landry chain, and compared to the local places we ate at on this trip it came off badly.

1  Thank SantaFeDiva
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stop at Saltgrass when I travel mainly because I can get a great meal late in afternoon and don't have to worry about anything setting around! A must have …are the onion strings OMG! Have been often tempted to just have them. Always a treat have never been disappointed.

1  Thank ickyvic
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Five or us had dinner there on a Saturday night. GREAT service GREAT food! We could not have been more pleased. We will go back, try the shrimp brochettes, they were awesome!