“Amazing Service but NOT Clean”

Courtyard Amarillo Downtown
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Texas
“Amazing Service but NOT Clean”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We ended up stranded at the Courtyard Amarillo Downtown during the recent blizzard. We literally couldn't leave the hotel because of the storm for two days and neither could the staff. The manager, desk clerk and ESPECIALLY the people working in the small restaurant in the lobby were amazing through the whole ordeal. Very helpful, kind and accommodating while they were trapped by the blizzard away from their families. They had only a small portion of their normal staff and had no one to relieve them from their shifts and they worked basically around the clock taking care of us. Wonderful people and service!

However.....when we checked in our room was dirty. The linens had been changed but the towels were fraying and there was hair and dirt on the bathroom floor. There was an open jug of milk the previous occupant had left in the fridge and a pair of little boys underwear under the furniture in the bathroom. ew! We moved the couch to be able to watch TV easier since that was our only entertainment for two days and the floor underneath was gross. There was tooth paste and spots on the wallpaper over the vanity. To name a few.

The heating and air conditioner sounds like it's dying every time the heat turns on and off, even when the fan is turned to be on all the time.

Normally we are very happy with the cleanliness of Courtyards and this was a surprise.

The staff was so wonderful that I hate not being able to give them a better review. The hotel is rather new and is already in need of a scrubbing. I suggest they invest in some new housekeeping staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sntbat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Quick business trip and I expect great service from Marriott. No issues here. Quick check in. Great recommendation for dinner and quick service in the coffee shop (Starbucks) for my morning brew. Loved the lobby design and rooms. TV was in a weird place. Had to sit up in bed to change the channels. Overall a great place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SoBellMar
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I booked this hotel as a anniversary romantic getaway weekend for me and my husband. House keeping never came to our room over our stay even though we called the front desk multiple times they replied with we will call housekeeping. Housekeeping never showed up. We were not apologized to and never even got more towels brought up to our room. Beautiful building, not bad rooms, service way below expectations! Try the Holiday Inn Express for less cash and better service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJ8511
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Quick overnight stay to break up a cross country drive. The hotel was a little pricey (not excessive) compared to others in the area. Then again, this was one of the nicest ones in the area, which might explain the price. Very secure hotel with a very nice interior. Room was fine, staff was friendly, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Would definitely stay again if visiting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rich B
Dumas, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it is conveniently located in downtown Amarillo. The night clerk was terrible, rude, and made our stay miserable. There was two of us staying in then queen suite and we got back to the room at different times. The first was confronted about not having a party for no apparent reason. When i got back the night clerk told me he would have the police search my room because there were too many people and he could have me removed. I asked if he had received complaints about us and he said no. Yet, i was still followed by three police officers who confirmed to him there was not a party. My friend was offended and left but forgot her keys. When she came back to get them I had to meet her at the door because the night clerk would not allow her to use her room key to get in. I asked why and he said he had a camera on my room and he knew there was people in there. I was speechless!!!! I have always paid more money to stay at hotels where the service is as amazing as the hotel. This is not the case here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank travellove806
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I was here one night on the way home from Arizona to Dallas. I loved the atmosphere in the historic Fisk . The decor was nice mix of modern and elegant. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable, so much that I wanted to linger there in the morning. I loved the bistro. The TV in the room was a very nice flat screen with a good picture. Only down side was that the bistro was closed at lunch time, but the desk clerk was able to make Starbucks for us, anyway. Also, the hot water in the shower war bout a hot as I would the liked. Overall great stay there, and I would go back.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Amber K
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, ok fitness center, rooms are great. Can walk to some places to eat. The cafe staff were a little incompetent. Did not seem to care about customers, but not that big of a deal relative to the rest of the stay.

Stayed December 2012