“Nice surprise”

Ranked #7 of 510 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Hoffbrau Steaks was Voted "one of Dallas' Best Chicken Fried Steak" by D Magazine. Family owned steak house, rustic and casual with a unique Texas atmosphere bordering Fort Worth and the famous Stockyards area. We now proudly serve Premium Black Angus beef, and a wide-ranging menu of chicken, ribs, seafood, salads and burgers. We keep it Salt & Pepper Simple and make everything from scratch with love. Daily lunch specials are delicious and affordable. Large TV's are perfect for watching sports. Come sample our extensive list of local, national and international beers. We love to cater weddings, birthdays and office parties. Let us help you plan your perfect event in our "No Bull" party room. Nestled around the fireplace you'll feel warm and welcome from your first bite. Our party room can seat up to 50 but can also be perfect for 12. Happy Hour is from 4PM to 7PM on Monday through Friday. Early to-mid 1800's German settlers, who helped develop the Hill Country of South Texas, also recreated their beloved "hoffbraus"or "beer gardens" where local townspeople, farmers and ranchers gathered to enjoy hearty meals and brewed beverages in a setting that was naturally casual yet humming with conversations and warm friendly service. What began as a "Hoffbrau" in South Texas truly was the origin of the Texas Hill Country Steakhouse... A tradition that our family has continued since opening Hoffbrau Steaks in 1978. Enjoy yourselves, our Texas hospitality... The great steaks and foods for which we are known. Many thanks, The Fogiel Family
Lenexa, Kansas
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling through Amarillo and had the opportunity to dine at Hoffbrau Steaks. From the in house made salad dressings to the smoked sirloin everything was savory and delicious. We would recommend after a long day on the road.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank KCWine

• Korean first
Russellville, Arkansas
“Melt-in-your-mouth Steak”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We ordered the GR8 8 oz steak ($20) along with mashed potatoes, sweet potato, and some peach cobbler. The sweet potato was the best I've had anywhere! It was very mild in taste (I'm not a big fan of sweet potato) and was fresh and a pretty color to it. The mashed potatoes were REAL and had a very good flavor to them, excellent taste. Our hostess was very friendly and helpful with answering our questions. Our first time to Hoffbrau.

Visited August 2014
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Bobby,
We are glad you found our best little steak house in Amarillo and that you loved our GR8 Steak, mashed and sweet potatoes. They are my favorite sides as well. Hurry back and safe travels. Rainey Fogiel, Hoffbrau Steaks
Dallas, Texas
“Great Steak & Service”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I was picked up by a co-worker who arrived on an earlier flight, he told me he had made dinner plans already; you know the place with the 72ounce shoe leather steak. I told him that was a tourist trap, and the wait is long, and the steak is mediocre at best. I told him to keep driving, and I would guide him to the best steak he has ever eaten.

When we arrived we sat at the newly renovated bar, and we were promptly greeted by Nicky who quickly prepared our drinks, since we were quite dehydrated from our long journey. We decided to share the Sweetwater Shrimp, and we both decided on a Ribeye steak, I chose the Sal's Ribeye, and my guest chose the bone-in Ribeye, both were cooked to perfection, and needed little more than a fork to cut the steak.

My traveling companion commented after dinner, and I quote "That was the best steak I have ever had"

My co-worker and I spend over 44 weeks out of the year traveling, we've encountered the good, the bad, and the ugly, but tonight we discovered AWESOME.

Do yourself a favor, skip the cowboy and come to the Hoff!

1 Thank 4PeteSakes
Dear Pete,
We thank you so much for taking the time to write such a GREAT review. We are thrilled that you chose to come see us instead of that "other" steak house and that you loved our Steaks so much. I will pass this on to our Team Amarillo.
Hurry back and safe travels to you and your friend.
We do have a location in the Dallas West End as well, as that might be closer to home for you.
Rainey Fogiel, Hoffbrau Steaks
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This is our new favorite steakhouse. Try the squash puppies, steak skillet for two and the chicken fried steak ( hand battered split it huge portion)

rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Kenneth,
We are thrilled to be your new favorite steakhouse and look forward to serving you many more Steaks 'n Smiles.
Best wished, Rainey Fogiel, Owner, Hoffbrau Steaks
San Antonio, Texas
“Really Better than average”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My rating says "average" but it was better than that. Seemed like a chain restaurant but a cut above. The steaks and trout were both good. Server Misty checked our table every time she walked by waiting on others, which was most appreciated. There was a dessert on the bill that we didn't order, but they corrected that when it was pointed out.

• Visited July 2014
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks Marilyn for taking the time to review us. WE will pass you comments along to Misty, I know she will appreciate it. Safe Travels, Rainey Fogiel, Hoffbrau Steaks