“Great dining experience”

Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House
Ranked #5 of 505 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hoffbrau Steaks was Voted "one of Dallas' Best Chicken Fried Steak" by D Magazine. Family owned steak house, rustic and casual with a unique Texas atmosphere bordering Fort Worth and the famous Stockyards area. We now proudly serve Premium Black Angus beef, and a wide-ranging menu of chicken, ribs, seafood, salads and burgers. We keep it Salt & Pepper Simple and make everything from scratch with love. Daily lunch specials are delicious and affordable. Large TV's are perfect for watching sports. Come sample our extensive list of local, national and international beers. We love to cater weddings, birthdays and office parties. Let us help you plan your perfect event in our "No Bull" party room. Nestled around the fireplace you'll feel warm and welcome from your first bite. Our party room can seat up to 50 but can also be perfect for 12. Happy Hour is from 4PM to 7PM on Monday through Friday. Early to-mid 1800's German settlers, who helped develop the Hill Country of South Texas, also recreated their beloved "hoffbraus"or "beer gardens" where local townspeople, farmers and ranchers gathered to enjoy hearty meals and brewed beverages in a setting that was naturally casual yet humming with conversations and warm friendly service. What began as a "Hoffbrau" in South Texas truly was the origin of the Texas Hill Country Steakhouse... A tradition that our family has continued since opening Hoffbrau Steaks in 1978. Enjoy yourselves, our Texas hospitality... The great steaks and foods for which we are known. Many thanks, The Fogiel Family
Dumas, Texas
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a meeting and had a most enjoyable time thanks to the really great waitress and amazing steak. Didn't have much time as waitress seemingly was there checking on us constantly. Ha ha. Definitely add this on your 5-star dining stop list.

• Visited June 2013
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We so appreciate your nice comments. Come back soon so that we may serve you more Steaks 'n Smiles. Best, Rainey Fogiel, Owner, Hoffbrau Steaks

• Korean first
Amarillo
“Service and food were great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife out for dinner for her birthday. She suggested Hoffbrau. We were not disappointed. Started out with the fried pickles, great appetizer. The service was equally good.

Visited June 2013
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We sure appreciate that very nice review and hope to see you back soon. Best,
Rainey Fogiel, Owner
Dallas, Texas
1,145 restaurant reviews
“Come hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

All the portions are quite large if you do not order the steaks. Our table enjoyed the chicken fried steak, which comes with 2 huge pieces, and mashed potatoes. I remembered the last time I had eaten here they had better sides and you could get there version of au gratin potatoes, please bring them back.
Service was very good, and talkative. You couldn't leave hungry if you tried.

1 Thank wick1979
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thaink you for your nice comments. We have added some sides and took away some that were not big sellers or that we had consistancy issues with. We hope to see you back soon. Best, Rainey Fogiel, Owner, Hoffbrau STeaks
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Food and Friendly People”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Originally I'd planed on going to place recommended by a friend but I found myself literally within walking distance and the reviews convinced me to try it. Although I did enjoy it, and I'm rating in Very Good, I wish I hadn't seen the previous reviews as I actually felt a little let down.

Fortunately I arrived early enough that there was no waiting or crowds. The staff here are certainly nice and easy to talk to and they were accommodating with my questions on the menu. The atmosphere was great and it certainly had that "local" feeling. It's definitely a place where you can feel comfortable and at home.

The food was good, as ordered, but nothing special. I read so many great reviews but, honestly, this was just another meal. Was it as ordered? Yes. Was it tasty? Yes. Was there anything to differentiate this from any other meal? Sadly, not really.

Perhaps the raving reviews set my expectations too high. Do try it when you are in the area but perhaps expecting a good meal instead of a spectacular meal would be more appropriate.

1 Thank PSKZ
White mtns,az
“Finger-lickin Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The ribs were out of this world and the staff including the managers came by my table to see if everything was ok. No complaints from me!

Visited May 2013