“The only pizza I eat”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have been enjoying the thin, crispy, yummy gourmet pizza at 575 Pizzeria since the day they opened on Civic Circle. The cozy atmosphere and good smells are great. We like to sit at the bar and take in the activity while waiting for our pizza. The Surgeon is my favorite: with juicy tomatoes, pepperoni, Italian sausage...delish. My husband prefers The Lighthouse: a white pizza with shrimp and capers, and then he adds hamburger meat and black olives. The servers call it "Surf and Turf". 575 recently opened a new, much larger restaurant on Hillside. We don't feel as "at home" there, but the food, the service, and the venue are great.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Eat there occasionally with friends. Like to order the individual pizza. Try some of the fancy ones. Chicken and artichoke w/ white sauce.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is the third best pizza I have eaten.
1-Pizzeria Bianco; Phoenix, AZ.
2-Lombardi's; New York City.

Be sure to get the balsamic vinegar as a side. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love 575. It's not like all the run of the mill pizza places. Many choices and great beer! Love to have it at work too.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant recently moved to a new, bigger location. I had never been at all and my daughter had never been to the new location. According to my daughter, although there is more seating space than the previous location, it hasn't lost it's "small pizza parlor" charm. My first impression is cute and warm, though there is a bar with t.v. screens turned to sports channels, if that is your thing.

We arrived for lunch at 11:30 and didn't leave until almost 1:00. The waiter was nice, but seemed much more interested in selling us alcoholic beverages for lunch than giving us personal service. We both felt he "forced" his personality and alcohol preferences on us. My water glass was dirty and he had to bring me three before I got one w/o black floaties, which I assume is pizza crust residue. By the time we ordered dessert, they had gotten very busy with the lunch rush and the waiter didn't seem as interested in helping us as he had before we made drink orders. He was very knowledgeable about the food and gave us good info and opinions about the "white pies" verses the "red pies". We were able to get half and half. The "white pie" was unique in that it didn't have alfredo suace, but instead several types of white cheese. We ordered ours with tomatoes and basil-can't remember what it is called-but it was very good. The "red" pepperoni was more traditional, but also very good. My only prob with the pizzas is they are brick oven. While the pizza is thin, crisp and really well made, I don't enjoy the black layers of bottom crust. Personal prefereance, but I peeled the "burnt layers" off my pizza.

The carmel pretzel brownie we split for dessert was delicious. I felt that over $30 for pizza, drinks and dessert and and hour and a half in the restaurant was a little much. But, I will probably try it again and not splurge on dessert this time.