“Nice Place in Amarillo”

Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
New River, Arizona, United States
“Nice Place in Amarillo”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a good stay at this Sleep Inn. I was greeted very cordially by the friendly evening desk clerk and had no problem getting the rate I had reserved. She even asked my preference on which floor I would like and gave me my choice of third floor room. One of the two room card keys did not work, and that seemed to be typical as another guest came to the desk with the same problem. We got into the room which had some pretty significant scuffs on the walls that needed some paint, but was otherwise in pretty good shape although could have maybe been a tad bit cleaner in the bathroom area.

The room was quiet and comfortable with all the amenities that you would expect. The breakfast was a nice one with some hot food options that were appreciated, but it was very busy and there was some waiting involved.

The property had a lot of doors controlled by the card keys which had spotty security. One door did not close all of the way and could be opened without a card key. Another door only worked sometimes with the card key and so when someone got it open, others would follow in behind. It did not make us feel especially good about overall security but we had no issues.

We will most likely be back again as this location was better than others we had used in the past, but we hope that they keep up the maintenance in the rooms so that they look a little nicer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Lubbock
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Return customer who wasn't impressed with customer service on my previous visit...more than made up for it this visit! When I checked in there was a small appetizer bar set up in the dining area...a very nice touch upon arrival! My check in clerk was SUPER (folio says kgonza...should have asked her name). She was young, cute, fast and efficient, took the time to help a gentleman in front of me with rates and getting him in a room very patiently and I appreciated she acknowledged and thanked me for being a Choice Hotels Elite member. Room was great as always and my remote worked this time, something that never happened last visit! Breakfast was fresh and hot, plentiful and a good start to the day. Much better than my previous visit...love this facility when in Amarillo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious and clean. Free breakfast was pretty good. ( remember it's free) Lots of restaurants nearby. Staff was very friendly. Great room for the price.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great room. Total hot breakfast.Treated the guests like family. Clean. That's all that needs to be said yet I have to have 200 characters to post this review. Hope this does it. Well it wasn't enough so I'm writing this to fill in space. I'll try again to submit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1Rodney2
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sleep Inn & Suites, Amarillo. The beds were very comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was great. I was impressed by all the amenities - pool, gym, etc. Also, everything was very clean and the temp control was very responsive. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn O
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed October 27, 2013

In the Directions to Our Hotel: section on the ChoiceHotels.com website, the directions to this property are reversed. This error was brought to the attention of Choice Hotels (via an email message on 10/5/13) and the directions on the website have still not been corrected. If you are traveling on I-40 West you use exit 65, then loop under the freeway. If traveling on I-40 East, use exit 65 and stay on the service drive. This property has limited parking in the front of the hotel and my stay at this property was uneventful, other than the coin mechanism on the guest dryer did not work. The maintenance man had gone home for the night, but the front desk person was nice enough to dry my wet laundry using their commercial hotel dryers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Karl M
Benbrook, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice clean rooms and service at desk was excellent. Employees friendly, helpful and friendly. Continental breakfast was wonderful. Had never stayed at a Sleep Inn & suites, very pleased with this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shelley G
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We want all our guests to be completely satisfied. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.