“Nice hotel!”

Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Made reservation online ahead of time. Staff was friendly and the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Within walking distance to Cracker Barrel and Outback. Very pleasant stay! If we are ever to visit again we would happily stay here again :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dkluge

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Loved the hotel. Exit 65 off I-40 right next door to Outback. Room was great and staff were excellent, super breakfast. I'm giving this 5 stars despite 2 issues which shows you how much I thought of the place. The fridge in my room had the previous guest's lunch still in it (yogurt and a sandwich!) but that was easy. The bedding was very good but one complaint. I am 5'10" and like to sleep with blankets around my neck. The bed was too short for that with the bedding provided. I was able to achieve what I wanted by sleeping diagonally in the queen bed but that was the first time I remember experiencing that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank limeyferg
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel two nights ago based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. It's a top notch hotel in every respect. But I figure this review should focus on just the few things I found that were not top notch. The earlier reviewer who complained about the pillows was certainly right. They are way too tiny to be called pillows. My wife and I both suffered shifting them around all night long trying to get comfortable. I had some "regular" coffee at breakfast that tasted so weak and dishwatery that it was undrinkable. I'm hoping it was a one-time accident. I thought most commercial establishments made coffee from pre-measured packages so the coffee would/should taste pretty much the same at all times. We're staying at this hotel again later on this month and I will try again. If it is good, I'll come back and amend this review. Everything else about the hotel was just awesome. The breakfast area is clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and caring. The room is kind of standard but was just fine. I especially liked the clock--white numerals on a dark background--easy to see during the night and yet not jarring or hard to read like the red or black-numeraled clocks you frequently see. So special kudos there to whoever selected those clocks. One tip for out-of-state visitors. I entered the address as I-40 West and my Garmin GPS accepted it. But it took us to a different place. I discovered later it would work if I entered Interstate 40 West. But this is a Garmin problem, not the hotel's. In fact the hotel has contacted Garmin numerous times to try and get it fixed. There is an Outback within 100 yards of the hotel and we ate there but the filet was not cooked to order, was cool instead of hot, and had some tough spots. We'll find another place to eat later this month. Bottom line, I'd go out of my way to stay at this hotel again and, please, remember my seemingly derogatory comments are only an attempt to be helpful.

Room Tip: The "traffic" side of the hotel was not a problem for us--no disturbance at all.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ArtColorado
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we walked in til the moment we walked out, perfection. The staff always available. The room excellent, super clean, the bed total comfort. Even the halls were fresh and clean. The breakfast bar full and very good. This hotel should be #1not #3.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank madyess
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is excellent! The manage, and his entire staff ,are professional, personable, and are ready to attend to every need. The "meet & greet" in the afternoon was lovely with good food and drinks. Breakfast was delicious, ample and fresh. The indoor pool and spa was warm and clean. The rooms (we had a suite) were wonderful. Very clean and comfortable. Decor was up to date attractive. We would absolutely stay here again. Just have to think of a reason to get back to Amarillo!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank funinMV
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Great price and service! I have three daughters and plenty of bathroom space. Great breakfast and clean eating space. The 1 a.m. Staff was as great as the morning staff. Big rooms, plenty of parking. I would recommend this hotter to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank AnApple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently discovered Sleep Inns and I am glad. They are clean, comfortable and very reasonably priced. This location is easy access to I-40 and has lots of good restaurants in walking distance. There is a happy hour with beer, sodas and hot and cold snacks in the evening. Breakfast is good, both hot and cold choices. Kelly at the front desk was efficient, helpful and a joy to work with. We will certainly return when in West Texas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple