“Nice Suprise”

Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Suprise”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Booked here sorta last minute when we made an adjustment to our travel plans. We stay in Amarillo a couple times a year and this is now our hotel of choice. The rooms are very upscale(for the price), the hotel staff is very helpful. Our bed was super comfortable, the bathroom is large and the shower has great pressure. The breakfast is pretty standard but they did have waffles which I like. We will be staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
My Team and I want to Thank you for staying with us. We are so happy that we have made such a positive impression and we look forward to seeing you again on your future trips through Amarillo!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from a trip to Phoenix. The beds were comfortable and the furnishings were very modern. Our room was facing the highway, so it was pretty noisy with the traffic from the Interstate. The breakfast was ok with a fairly good variety, however, the breakfast attendants were not friendly or attentive to replenishment. One of the attendants stepped in front of me to put 2 pieces of toast in the toaster and then disappeared into the kitchen. After they popped out she left them lying on the top of the toaster. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was nice appointed. I actually liked the shampoo and conditioner they provided. My only other complaint would be the size of the room.....they provided an arm chair to sit in, but it was wedged between the chest of drawers and the refrigerator, so not really usable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you and to let us know about the issues you faced at our hotel. The issues you mentioned will be delt with right away and I hope that if your ever in Amarillo again that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again.
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed November 2, 2012

On my recent cross-country road trip, this was the second best, next to the Wingate LAX! Amazing hotel for the value! Highly recommended!

This is a super-modern hotel, with luxurious rooms for $89/night for a King. Nice, quiet, comfortable. Wonderful beds and a very roomy shower. The pool and spa looked very nice, even though I didn't have the opportunity to use them! Breakfast is very good, eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, waffles and more.

A superior value! Find it and stay. You will be glad you did!

Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: I personally go with "top floor, away from the elevators" for my stays wherever I go. Here...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that being near the elevator was not an issue for you. We do try and meet all requests however there are time when we cannot. My team and I want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us such a fantastic review.
Phoenix
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here on October 7, 2012. The property is located very conveniently to I-40, although I didn't hear any noise from the interstate. The room was large, clean and comfortable. My only issue was the alarm clock on the nightstand was set to the wrong timezone, and I got up an hour early the next morning. The complimentary breakfast was real good, and better than most hotels of this caliber. I'd stay here again the next time I visit Amarillo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank slhanks4
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so proud of our Inn and the high level in which we operate. We are working hard to earn our second choice award!!! Thank you for staying with us.
berwick
Reviewed October 24, 2012

First stay at a Sleep Inn and pleasantly surprised at the quality for the price. Very well appointed room in nice hotel. Clean with a great bed. Pleasant desk staff. Breakfast is good with decent selection. Restaurants are close, no need to drive after a long day.

1 Thank retiresoon2013
I am so glad that you were able to find our hotel and that you enjoyed it so much! We work hard every day to ensure that our guests have a pleasant stay. Thank for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites West Medical Center.
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is my first visit with this hotel, I am very impressed and recommend it very highly to anyone especially for football fan spending a night before going down to LUBBOCK. Everyone is very professional and caring, KUDO to all staff, the management should be proud, Breakfast is good too.

Keep up your good work!

Room Tip: Go further west of 40, exit 65, it'worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aewsook
Thank you so much for staying with us! I love to see all the great comments we receive via Tripadvisor. I hope that we have the chance to serve you again in the future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Never stayed at a Sleep Inn before but gave it a try based on TripAdvisor ratings. At check-in I was offered a free upgrade from a king to a king suite. Occupancy was low so I'm sure there were plenty of extra rooms and cost them nothing but..... this has never happened before at other chains at similar low occupancy times. A very unique and pleasant surprise. Price was a good value even before upgrade. Rooms were clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. If we stop in Amarillo on the way back home I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank John K
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad you had a positive experience and we hope to see you again on your return trip.